Griots or Zaino?

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Ok so my cobra is still a DD but Im looking to make it look like a show car. As it is now I would say its in fairly good shape (outside of a pitted hood) but the car is easily a 5-3 footer. But thats not really good enough is it? There are a few light swirl marks from the previous owner that I would really like to see gone. I have 'heard' about both these brands as being exceptional for car care but Im looking for actually feedback from people who have used them.

What is the consensus on these products? Do they really perform? Worth the price? Anyone used both and have a clear winner?

Thanks for the info guys

Bite Me

Established Member
Oh man, my friend used to have a detail shop. Turned me on to this polish from meguiars. Takes those swirls right out with some elbow grease. I will post my pics here in just a sec before and after.

Zaino doesnt last long as a DD wax. I use NXT and it works great and lasts long. You could drop some zaino on for the show days if you wanted, but its super expensive.

Bite Me

Established Member
There is a small area I did with polish and took a pic, but this is pre polish and wax

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

Here is after polish and wax

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

Bite Me

Established Member
You can see the diff between the hood which was done and the driver side fender.

Its call meguiars deep crystal polish. Some bottles will say "step 2". Clay first, maybe 2 times with clay, make sure its good and clean. Then polish, put good presure on it and polish in sections of a panel. Half a hood, dont do the whole thing. Spend about 2 minutes polishing that section. You can wipe immediately. If you see scratches just go over that section again. Then wax.

You could use a buffer, but make sure someone teaches you how to use it first. You can def ruin your paint with one.

Oh, get you the meguiars clay kit. Gives you the supreme shine MF and a bottle of detailer also. Best price IMO. Keep your buffer/MF clean so you keep the scratches off and dont make new ones.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Never used Zaino but I have tried Griots and hated it. I put it on and as soon as the car got wet (rained a couple days later) the thing hazed up like no tomorrow. I stripped it off and went back and used my usual Mothers California Gold products.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
You can see the diff between the hood which was done and the driver side fender.

Its call meguiars deep crystal polish. Some bottles will say "step 2". Clay first, maybe 2 times with clay, make sure its good and clean. Then polish, put good presure on it and polish in sections of a panel. Half a hood, dont do the whole thing. Spend about 2 minutes polishing that section. You can wipe immediately. If you see scratches just go over that section again. Then wax.
You could use a buffer, but make sure someone teaches you how to use it first. You can def ruin your paint with one.
Oh, get you the meguiars clay kit. Gives you the supreme shine MF and a bottle of detailer also. Best price IMO. Keep your buffer/MF clean so you keep the scratches off and dont make new ones.

LOL thanks I know how to use a buffer, been doing it on the family cars since I was 12. I will have to check that polish out thanks for the tip, I already
use(d) the clay bar from them, hardly anything came off, the paint is actually very clean. What do you think of NXT? I use the Nano wax and love it and its help the swirl marks but havent eliminated them - i guess thats my major focus

Oh and are those/ were those pit marks on your hood or something else

Never used Zaino but I have tried Griots and hated it. I put it on and as soon as the car got wet (rained a couple days later) the thing hazed up like no tomorrow. I stripped it off and went back and used my usual Mothers California Gold products.

I have tried their products and have been really unsatisifed, which ones do you use? Most recently I tried to use their all Carbauna wax and it was a mess

Last edited:

Bite Me

Established Member
I love NXT, goes on easy and comes off easy as long as you dont use to much. Virtually no dust from it so far. Very durable as well IMO. It does hide swirlds good if you get the paste. Liquid doesnt seem to do as well.

Yeah, those were def pit marks, now that I have polished it they are far less noticeble and some even dissapeared. This car was abused by previous owners so she isnt in great condition in the paint department.

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
I am a Zaino fanatic, however I live in TX and my car is not a DD.
Also the only time my car will meet water is when I wash it.
You will spending a lot of time repplying Zaino because of the Seattle rain.
Zaino is durable but nothing like Collinite 845

If I lived in Seatte my DD would get numerous coats of Collinite.
18 oz. Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476, carnauba wax
For the front valance and surfaces below the wheelwell line go with Collinite 845
845 lasts a LONG time and is a good choice for your application.
I use 845 only on the nose because the TX bugs are endless.
You could go Z-AIO, than Z-5 and finish with Collinite.

Just my 2 cents. :beer:

Last edited:

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
I have tried their products and have been really unsatisifed, which ones do you use? Most recently I tried to use their all Carbauna wax and it was a mess

This is what I use in order:

05600_05632_05664.jpg

07240.jpg

08408.jpg

08100.jpg

05550-05750.jpg

I apply the polish/glaze/wax by hand with a microfiber applicator pad and remove/buff with the rotary.

Last edited:

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
For the money NXT is pretty hard to beat... Zaino isn't going to hide much despite what they say. A wet sand and buff will, but zaino alone won't. Also, I have to wonder about the quality of their product. I used it for awhile and one day ordered their clay bar kit along with some Z5. The clay bar wasn't nearly the quality or size of mothers and the applicator they send you with the wax is pretty cheap- I'm just not buying the whole Zaino hype I guess. NXT looked just as good on paint thats already nice IMO

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
NXT is a great product and have used it often.
It just does not last that long.
The OP living/ driving in Seattle would need to reapply NXT every 45 days
to maintain bead and shine.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
You know the Eagle Nano wax i already use is very durable so Im not worried about it. Im after support products to help restore the luster that should still be there

snakecharmer

Established Member
It would take me a lot of time to list all the various stuff I have tried over the years. I have not used the Griots line or products, but I have used Zaino, and it has been the only thing I have used for the past 7 years. Nothing I have ever used comes close to doing the job it does.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
It would take me a lot of time to list all the various stuff I have tried over the years. I have not used the Griots line or products, but I have used Zaino, and it has been the only thing I have used for the past 7 years. Nothing I have ever used comes close to doing the job it does.

So which of the products do you use then? I went on their sight and its like they recommend everything or using all oft hem at the same time. I think thats a little excessive

Users who are viewing this thread