Grinds when going into 2nd

Jamiecane

Established Member
My car was working fine yesterday. This am when I went to work it went into revs fine and then first fine but when I put it into 2nd grinds. then went in pulled it out and tryed it again and it grinded bad again. it goes into 3rd, 4th 5th and 6th fine. need help with this problem. stock clutch steeda shifter

thank you

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
If it goes into the other gears fine, i wouldnt think it would be your clutch. Sounds like your 2nd gear synchro is going out.

Does it grind when you shift slowly?

Jamiecane

Established Member
it grinds when i shift at normal rpm but goes in fine in lower rpm below 1500. I'm going to take a look at the shifter this weekend I know they have something built into it to help it go into gear.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Well if the stops arent adjusted properly, it wont go in smoothly. I had that problem with my pro5.0 when i first got it. I didnt leave enough room and when id go to quickly throw it in 2nd, it would grind a little. I just adjusted the stop bolt back a few turns and problem was solved...

TomballGuy05

Established Member
Well if the stops arent adjusted properly, it wont go in smoothly. I had that problem with my pro5.0 when i first got it. I didnt leave enough room and when id go to quickly throw it in 2nd, it would grind a little. I just adjusted the stop bolt back a few turns and problem was solved...

That happened when I installed my MGW...the T56 has shift stops built in so I just backed out the MGW shift stops but they rattled their way back in and made the 1-3-5 shifts grind and wouldn't even go in. Kind of embarassing, looks like you don't know how to drive your car.

Users who are viewing this thread