Grinding (Not Clunking) When Engaging Clutch From A Stop

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
I went for a drive this morning and noticed a wierd noise as I engage the clutch and begin to move in first gear.

It's a slight grinding noise that goes away almost as soon as the car has begun moving. It's definitely not the clunk I hear when going from 1-2 sometimes (which from many searches on here is very normal).

Any idea what this is?

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
Everything within the transmission is stock.

After searching, it seems like a bad TOB is something you can hear all the time especially with the clutch disengaged.

This sound is only heard when I'm in first beginning to move and engaging the clutch. Like I said, it immediately goes away as I begin to move (3-4MPH).

SpectorV

Established Member
is the clutch really close to the floor before you start to feel the cable pulling? If so you may not be pushing it in enough to get it fully into neutral before trying to shift gears~

hotcobra03

Established Member
Everything within the transmission is stock.

After searching, it seems like a bad TOB is something you can hear all the time especially with the clutch disengaged.

This sound is only heard when I'm in first beginning to move and engaging the clutch. Like I said, it immediately goes away as I begin to move (3-4MPH).

i see your new...

my cobra has 330,000 miles on stock clutch..i have been thru a dozen tob`s..

they will make some of the strangest noises...

ive had squeaks,grinding,rattle,chirps,knocking,sticking pedal,jumping pedal,hard to get into gear...

all from just tob...

Users who are viewing this thread