griggs vs. maximun motorsports ???

4camwonder

Established Member
I have been looking at sub frame connectors, and caster camber plates, and some other items that both company's make, and honestly I want to know whats better for the money? I also want to know from people who have used both brands, and what they think of the respective brand.

I personally dont mind spending the extra money if it's worth it.

keep in mind this car will eventually see a lot of roadcourse and autoX duty.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd go with MM hands down
There cc plates are great. Not once have i ever heard a single complaint about anything MM makes. Their sfc are full length and quite rigid too.

Griggs is great too, but not as widely used, at least not on these forums. I do however know that they make some great stuff. I've been driving stangs since I was 16 lol

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
for subframes go with Griggs thru the floor subs.. I've driven cars with both the MM and griggs subs and the griggs subs make the car so much more stiff it's unreal. I have MM Caster Camber plates on my car and they work great.. the griggs CC plates are extremely nice as well.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
yes they do require some labor but they are well worth it.. when I get more money I will be doing this in my car and getting rid of my MM subs..

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I have griggs and through the floor sub-frames which really are frame rails, it connects the body just like a full body frame

CJK440

Established Member
The Through the floor sfc's require quite a bit of extensive labor.

Project Unfinished Business: 95PGTTech's 1998 Cobra build...

Thats not a griggs install is it? It looks like a highly ambitious home build. I give him credit for the work but it bothers me how much factory stuff was cut out.

I had similar questions on FLSFC's and while I liked the ones with outboard jacking rails I couldn't justify the extra cost. I looked into the MM ones and while they do claim to be the longest (they are by 2.5 inches) I ended up going with Steeda ones. They all seem to mount to the front rail the same, where I saw a difference was where they attached to the rear frame. The MM ones overlapped the rear rail (hense the extra length) where the steeda ones had a torque box "cap" that was installed first. This seemed to spread out the support better than just welding on top of the relatively narrow rear frame.

I also like the one piece seat support vs. the 5 piece MM ones.

4camwonder

Established Member
Thats not a griggs install is it? It looks like a highly ambitious home build. I give him credit for the work but it bothers me how much factory stuff was cut out.

I had similar questions on FLSFC's and while I liked the ones with outboard jacking rails I couldn't justify the extra cost. I looked into the MM ones and while they do claim to be the longest (they are by 2.5 inches) I ended up going with Steeda ones. They all seem to mount to the front rail the same, where I saw a difference was where they attached to the rear frame. The MM ones overlapped the rear rail (hense the extra length) where the steeda ones had a torque box "cap" that was installed first. This seemed to spread out the support better than just welding on top of the relatively narrow rear frame.

I also like the one piece seat support vs. the 5 piece MM ones.

^ thats the kind of info i was looking for, thanks man. you didn't find anything on the griggs frame kits when you were looking did you? i'm leaning towards that kit, mainly because of what my long term plans for the car are, but i would like to see some more info on the griggs frame kits other than whats on there website... just cant find the info.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I dont think you can go wrong with either company. Ive never used any griggs products though. So if I had to vote... it would be for MM

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If money wasn't an issue I would have Griggs everything. MM is great also, you really can't go wrong with either brand but if I were really serious about making my car handle in the corners Griggs all the way. The entire GR40 set up including the watts link for the rear end is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread