Griggs or Maximum Motorsports torque arm?

My96z

Established Member
I figured I would post this in the Mach 1 forum as I wasnt getting much from the Cobra forum.

Awhile ago I swapped a bone-stock Mach 1 SRA into my 04 Cobra. My car is currently in the shop getting some stuff done, its sitting at 620 RWHP right now, when it gets out, it should be in the neighborhood of ~ 640-650.

Shortly there after, I am going to have some extra money coming up soon and I am looking to putting some money in the suspension department. I am looking at purchasing a torque arm kit. I have only found two companies that make them: Griggs and Maximum Motorsports. I also found somthing similar by Global West called a track link, which is sorta like a torque arm in function but looks way less durable.

Both companies seem to be great and make good stuff. I cant decide which to go with. The Griggs seems to have better exhaust clearance, but the Maximum motorsports version seems to be a bit more robust.

I would be getting the full kit - torque arm, PHB and LCA's. I was looking at just getting the regular non-weight jacking arms but is there any advantages or disadvantages to either?

The car is 90% street with sporadic trips to the track. It will never see a road course or autocross event. I mainly want better traction on the street. As the car sits and rides now, I am really happy with it, but I hear these torque arm setups have lots of benefits, and great straight line traction is a big one.

Griggs:
Griggs Racing Products

Maximum Motorsports:

Torque-arm Package, 1999-04 Mustang GT, Heavy-Duty Torque-arm, Non-adjustable rear lower control arms [MMTASS-12H] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

If there are other companies that make them that I am unaware of, I would be happy to check them out.

Thanks for your help and time!

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread