Griggs GR-40 Autocross/Open-Track System

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
Greetings.
I have a 99' Cobra that I am seriously considering putting a Griggs GR-40 Autocross/Open-Track system on within the very near future.

Because of its costs, I was wondering if anyone here has this or has any type Griggs GR-40 upgrades and if they would give their opinions, thoughts, criticisms, praise, and/or suggestions.

Is this complete GR-40 system worth the money, etc?

Thanks.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I don't think you can go wrong with either the Griggs or Maximum Motorsports suspensions. If you're purchasing the Griggs make sure you are getting the HD front control arms.

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
Thank you, 93SVTCobra, for that bit of information.
Much appreciated.

Cobra-R

Established Member
I disagree with Mark. I believe you can go wrong with Griggs parts, I broke just about all Griggs parts on my 95R, including the HD control arms. (and I am not the only one)

You are looking at spending way too much money to hope that your stuff doesn't break, go buy MM.

Do a search in the Cobra R forum, there is a very long thread about this.

Brian

b4409

Established Member
Or, you could just keep it stock and spend the money on driving schools. A better, cleaner way to have fun IMHO.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
b4409 said:
Or, you could just keep it stock and spend the money on driving schools. A better, cleaner way to have fun IMHO.

+1, driving schools are costly and you'll be through a pair of tires and stock brake pads in no time.

Dave

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dtheo said:
+1, driving schools are costly and you'll be through a pair of tires and stock brake pads in no time.

Dave

I'm pretty sure the point Bruce is trying to make is the fact that you will benefit FAR more from the driver mod than you will from the suspension mod?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
ex-PJs snake said:
Greetings.
I have a 99' Cobra that I am seriously considering putting a Griggs GR-40 Autocross/Open-Track system on within the very near future.

Because of its costs, I was wondering if anyone here has this or has any type Griggs GR-40 upgrades and if they would give their opinions, thoughts, criticisms, praise, and/or suggestions.

Is this complete GR-40 system worth the money, etc?

Thanks.
Different car, handles very well, albeit it's noisy with solid motor mounts, bushings ect. I didn't install the brace that runs underneath the floor board. I just didn't want things hacked-up. It turns in like a go-cart, but it still weighs 3600lbs.
:)

Worth the money? For me yes.

Last edited:

b4409

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'm pretty sure the point Bruce is trying to make is the fact that you will benefit FAR more from the driver mod than you will from the suspension mod?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

That's all I'm sayin :-D

Users who are viewing this thread