Griggs and Maximum Suspension

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Has anybody done the full Griggs or Maximum Motorsports Suspension kits on a Cobra with IRS yet? I learned my lesson on my old Cobra and am going with an entire kit from a real suspension company this time. Which kit and how do you like it?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
There is a regular poster on this forum with it. I saw it in his sig. I can't think of his name off of the top of my head though.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I know El Culebra has the full Griggs kit and was going to PM him instead of this thread but figured this was a good topic that really hasn't been covered yet.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Here's a second vote for the maximum motorsports package. . My first major mod to the 01 - and my absolute favorite. I had the full "road & track" setup installed on my 01 Cobra after talking with a friend who recommended that I go with one manufaturer and not mix parts. Ride is firm, yet very tollerable... and it handles the twisties like it was on rails. I was very close to going with the Griggs setup, but after being stalled by the installer (long story) and hearing a few downsides to the Griggs stuff - went with MM. Glad it worked out that way... does a great job at about 1/2 the price.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I wanted to try Kenny Brown, he just released the new 03 system. But it seems like no one talks about kenny brown stuff. i talked to this guy who road races a 99cobra(i am pretty sure he races in the american Iron class). His website is V8venom.com he posts the vids of all his races. He has been doing it for a while and has gutted his car, pretty much race modified it. He uses Griggs. I think there website is probably griggsracing.com. Both griggs and MM have good products, I think either will do fine. But if anyone gets the 03 kenny brown package for our car please let us know how you like it

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I just checked the griggs site, the guy I talked to is Rob Ainscough, he is the first car on the featured customers. Its a good site, check it out

Users who are viewing this thread