Great State of Texas: I need help in Dallas

eddy z

Established Member
Howdy, i am looking for some help on car repair shops in the North Dallas area. I am in search for a 1. speed cobra friendly SVT dealership, 2. a good old house with qiuality mechincs, no hacks, who can work on all everyday drivers car and suvs, 3. finally, a good jagular house.

I am willing to travel the Dallas area if required for a good house. I am looking for quality. In addition, a good house who tells it how it is with options, ect.. quality service and work.

I thank all who read my help request. I thank all and appericate everyones time placed into repling back with help, suggestions, and recommadations. thank you.. eddy

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I haven't heard of a Cobra friendly dealer and I cannot recommend 5 Star Ford in Carrollton, the place I bought mine from. For Cobra work, I've only seen good comments about a place called HPP Racing in Lewisville (about 10 miles north of Dallas in Interstate 35. The contact there is Manny & the # is 214-498-6856. I plan on going there for all my future go fast mods and the next dyno tune. You might want to check out DFWStangs.net A lot of good, local info and forums there. Good luck to you.

csumt76

Established Member
screw the dealer, go HPP. The crew there will hook it up.

That is who is getting my whipple.

InArmyWPride

Venomous Productions
Established Member
i have heard alot of good things about hpp, when i get home from iraq i am goin to check them out. But last time i was home i had Lone Star Performance do my work (tune my car and other stuff) I thought they did a good job.
-Cory

eddy z

Established Member
thank you evryone for pointing out a good Cobra speed and tune shop. They get my vote. Now, i have to find a regular car repair shop for the little woman's suv. thank you and all have a great hoilday weekend... eddy

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Well - Doug Stanley Ford is a mod fiendly dealer - however - their mechanics also like to agressively test drive your vehicles and aren't the sharpest mechanics in my book. I dropped my car off for the gasket under the rear spoiler peeking out, and a few other minor paint issues, and got my car back with 36 miles on the odometer that weren't there when I dropped the car off. Surprisingly enough, on the drive home from picking it up from the dealer the throw out bearing started squealing and my clutch went out :mj:

So...depends on how bad you want service as to if you want to go there or not.

Good luck,
Dan

mustarrosa

Established Member
eddy z said:
thank you evryone for pointing out a good Cobra speed and tune shop. They get my vote. Now, i have to find a regular car repair shop for the little woman's suv. thank you and all have a great hoilday weekend... eddy
I use DAvenports over on Park about the corner of Park and Coit for the SUV stuff

Users who are viewing this thread