Great Ford Dealership!

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Since I hear all these horror stories about Ford Dealerships that are voiding warranties because of filters, pulley's, exhaust, etc... I thought I would post the story of what happened today when I took my car to High Country Ford in Burnsville, NC where I bought the car.

I went in because my differential was leaking. They pull it in the shop and put it on the rack and discover that the rear end is moving about 1/4" on the drivers side (up and down slack) and it has toasted the bearings and at least the front seal. They decide they will have to keep the car and order the bearings to be overnighted and have it back together tomorrow. The service manager asks if I need a loaner and I say yes I live about 35 miles from the dealership so he goes and gets me a Chrysler New Yorker for me to drive. So I hang out talking to the tech for a while and tell him to let me know what everything will cost before doing anything. Then I tell the service manager the same thing and he say COST??? There won't be any cost, this is just a Cobra that has bad bearings, the car has less than 36,000 miles and is less than three years old. It will all be covered under warranty!! NO COST TO ME! I about fainted when he said this as my car is anything but stock, just check out my sig for some of my mods. It's good to know that while there may be Ford Dealerships that are pricks about mods the one I bought my car from DELIGHTS in working on my car and bends over backwards to keep me happy! IF ANYONE NEEDS A SVT Vehicle in Western NC then I would HIGHLY recommend HIGH COUNTRY FORD. What a great bunch of folks!! :D :beer: :beer: :thumbsup:

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Big D, How much power did you get out of those Heads? I was thinking of getting a set of them. How much do you think it would kick N/A?

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by peterjmc
Big D, How much power did you get out of those Heads? I was thinking of getting a set of them. How much do you think it would kick N/A?

NONE so FAR! But they should help a NA car much more than a blown engine. I am also still having belt slippage issues so I'm really not sure how much I'll make when I get the other 4-6 lbs of boost I'm missing. :thumbsup:

GoatDaddy

Good to hear. I'd drive well out of my way to do business with a good dealership, if only out of principle, to keep my $ from going to some parasitical bottom-feeder whose sole desire is to brutally horse-f^ck me without the benefit of lube, and then charge me for his "services."

Users who are viewing this thread