Graphic Designers/CAD guys... what mouse do you use?

CBrowning84

Established Member
I'm a mechanical designer and have been trying to find a good mouse... just need something simple, easy to press buttons (ESPECIALLY MIDDLE BUTTON). So far I can't find anything that works better than this POS basic HP corded mouse that came with the computer lol.

I've tried the Logitech Performance MX and now the Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000, the Logitech was really jumpy and didn't work worth a crap half the time and the Mircosoft works pretty well but you gotta click the middle button like 3-4 time for it to work! I need an easy to click perfect wheel/middle button because I use this button all the time... don't care about the tilt feature either...

Any suggestions?

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Maybe if you didn't buy ghetto MX mouse and paid full price you wouldn't have got a dud! lmao JK

I've had my MX Series Mouse and Keyboard going on 8 years and its still running strong!!!! Love it! Don't know why you had all the problems you did with it!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I have a logitech laser mouse at home and it works great. Something very similar to this Newegg.com - Logitech M510 Black 5 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser Mouse I'd say laser would give you the best accuracy.

I have a basic corded Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 at work and that seems to work fine as well, but the center scroll wheel is a tad hard to push down without scrolling accidently.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I also use a logitech wireless laser mouse. Mine has the zoom controls as well which I reprogrammed for volume up, down and mute - very handy for catching phone calls.

DR_DOOM_SVT

Established Member
I use Autocad and solidworks everyday and I use the Logitech G9x mouse and love it!! I been using it for maybe 2 years I think.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
I just have regular old, cheap Logitech. M100 is what it says on the bottom. Above all, I wish the boss man would get us all space balls.

I love the mouse, though. Cheap, simple, reliable... no extra buttons or side to side clicking of the wheel.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
I just have regular old, cheap Logitech. M100 is what it says on the bottom. Above all, I wish the boss man would get us all space balls.

I love the mouse, though. Cheap, simple, reliable... no extra buttons or side to side clicking of the wheel.

the 3d Connection Space balls are amazing!!! Make 3d modeling so much easier!

CBrowning84

Established Member
I don't do CAD but I do game on the computer and I use a basic Microsoft Intellimouse. 4 buttons, 1 center wheel (super easy to click). I imagine it'd be on the same lines as what you are looking for.

This one, except mine is black.

That looks good but I'm really wanting a wireless... :(

Maybe if you didn't buy ghetto MX mouse and paid full price you wouldn't have got a dud! lmao JK

I've had my MX Series Mouse and Keyboard going on 8 years and its still running strong!!!! Love it! Don't know why you had all the problems you did with it!
Stfu Matt! It was a good deal ok! lol

I use Autocad and solidworks everyday and I use the Logitech G9x mouse and love it!! I been using it for maybe 2 years I think.

That looks pretty intense lol. I'm just hesitant with the tilt wheel, it seemed to give me problems with the first one..

That's what I need just wireless! lol

And +1 to what Matt said above, those spaceballs are almost a necessity if you do 3D CAD! :banana:

DR_DOOM_SVT

Established Member
Yup the 3D connexion spaceballs are deluxe, i dint want one and the boss bought one for everyone and now I cant model without it

Users who are viewing this thread