grandma gave me 10,000 for xmas!

jdlightning33

Established Member
what should i do?? i was gonna take 2 for myself and 8 in like a high intrest cd maybe im not really good with shit like this...i mean i could spend it in a day..but id like to make some money off it...any ideas??

Jaysin

Established Member
Spread some of the wealth to me! My grandma gave me $50 for Christmas, but I owe her $60 anyway for something else! ou have a cool grandma, and im sorry I cant give you any advice as im not good with stuff like this either. Just dont spend all of it.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
save it!

btw is there any chance your from the dedham area?

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
buy something cool for yourself and take the rest and put it into an interest bearing account that you aren't going to touch.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
order 9000 items off the dollar menu

Do this...... NWS WARNING FOR THE F BOMB
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWHXo3clywk]YouTube - My Chevy Caprice on 24s and I, Ballin at MCDONALDS!![/ame]

No seriously I'd spend a grand or two and buy a cd with the rest. Or pay of any bills I had.

Last edited:

2k3gt

Established Member
Your plan doesn't sound too bad, except you should pay off as much debt as you can first. Other than that, enjoy the rediculously awesome Xmas gift! :banana:

Last edited:

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Since you are not good with money, and your going to piss it all the way anyway. I say

put 10K down on an 03-04 cobra. So when its gone you release you have something awesome.

1999 SVT Cobra

Established Member
Im only 19 but I am a finance major so take this for what its worth.

If it were me and I have done this with my own money I would invest what I have in cheap stock.

I put 10k of my own money in sprint stock right after they had their first layoff and bought the stock at 22.39 a share. Now my investment is worth 57 a share because Sprint has started making more profits and outsold Verizon and Cingular last quarter by 12 million. So if I were to cash out now I would make a pretty hefty profit. Yes it was risky but if you watch the stock market much you can kind of pick out the rising companies you know will make it.

Definitely save most of it if you don't invest it. Splurge about 2k tops and save the rest.

Last edited:

jumbojet

Established Member
Pay off any credits cards or car payment you have...any debt in general as it affects your credit score...if you have no debt..maybe an index fund or ETF...the market is in the shitter right now...your are buying in at 35-45% lower than it was last year...if you go this route plan on not touching your $ for 5 years..if you need the $ in a year or 6 months and no risk to possibly lose money..go the CD route...also depends on your age...If you are in your 20's I'd be buying some quality stocks paying a nice dividend ASAP.. do your own DD...good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread