Grand Nationals?

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
I was in the middle of one of those heated conversations last night...the ones that don't start until both parties are through the better part of a 12 pack...and we got to talking about cars. I know bench racing is lame as hell, but the kid I was talking to kept saying that his old Grand National w/ 350 rwhp would walk my old Cobra (495 rwhp). I know weight is the biggest factor here, but I'm curious as to how accurate his statement is. Assuming both drivers are equal, how would he fair? He then went on to tell me he would walk Leo's new setup (700ish rwhp) from a roll...so I know he's pulling shit out of his ass, but it still got me curious. Anywho...feel free to chime in. I just don't want this to turn into a GM/Ford debate or anything.

Antagon

Established Member
A 350rwhp GN would be making close to 450rwtq.

GN's are strange, they aren't particularly light weight (mines fully optioned at 3600lbs i believe), but they don't need a whole lot of power to go fast..

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
I have no idea one way or another when it comes to those cars...which is why I didn't really argue the point last night. I figured it would be better to ask the experts.

C6 Vette

Established Member
You have a 145HP advantage....Even if the GN launches like a mofo..you would run him down easily by the 1/4....I don't care what kind of car it is , it's numbers that determine what performance the car is capable of...and in your case the numbers are on your side..........A GN and Cobra (if its a 03/04) are very close in curb weight....I don't know of too many 495whp Cobras losing to LS2 C6's that are rated at about 350whp and have a curb weight of 3179lbs...so I would think you would'nt need to sweat a 3600lbs car with 350whp....peace out:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I think your cobra would stomp that particular GN! As far as those cars they can be fast as shit! You can go to the track all summer and not see one of them. Then the first cool night the damn things will be coming out of the wood work!

Users who are viewing this thread