Granatelli mass air sensor for s/c cobra

HONBOY1

Established Member
I have an '03 cobra and only have a Borla stinger for mods. I don't really want to do the pulley and tune at this point. I was wondering if anyone has any information on the Granatelli mass air sensor w/filter? I wouldn't mind paying the costly price for it if I know it will out perform the other cai's. Also, does this sensor leave evidence on the ecu that the car has been tampered with? Thanks!

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Really no reason to get a replacement MAF for these cars unless your in danger of pegging the stock unit.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The stock units pegs somewhere after 500 rwhp. So this means you need an apten with 2.80/2.76 pulley, or KB or whipple to possibly peg it.

As for MAF, the 2 options are the MAF extender that connects to your stock maf wiring, or buy an aftermarket MAF, SCT offers one which is good if you use SCT tuning (flasher or chip) but you'll need a retune if you change the MAF or use the maf extender.

zeener96

Established Member
My understanding is the granatelli filter is a dry no-oil filter which is appealing to me. I am looking into one right now.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
The aftermarket MAFs make power by leaning you out and it is not consistent amongst cars or meters on how much. On a blown car, you don't want that, you would be better of with a tune to get the most power from a safe a/f ratio. Go with a plain CAI kit like the JLT or K&N FIPK or Steeda, etc... You will gain around 20 rwhp and don't have to mess with the MAF.

BenD

Established Member
Your best bet

Would be to invest in a good Wide band 02 sensor with a steering pod mounted guage. These cars run on the warm side to start with and when you add a 2.80 warm changes to hot and often lean. Buy a Predator and with a W/B you can dial in your A/F ratio anywhere you want it to be.

HONBOY1

Established Member
Originally posted by zeener96
My understanding is the granatelli filter is a dry no-oil filter which is appealing to me. I am looking into one right now.
If you do purchase one, pm me with your thoughts on it. Thanks!:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread