Gran Turismo Forever

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
Gran Turismo 5 delayed 'indefinitely' - Plugged In - Yahoo! Games

January 15 3:14 P.M.

Gran Turismo 5 is one of the most hotly anticipated games of 2010...and now the most recently delayed. According to The Times Online, Sony has announced that the game's March release date for Japan has been pushed back indefinitely, citing "circumstances."

While this announcement doesn't technically translate to a delay for the North American and European versions of the game, those versions have never had concrete release dates to push back. Rather, it was assumed that if the game arrived in Japan in March, then the European and North American versions would arrive in the summer. But this delay throws all of that by the roadside; since there is no telling when the game might arrive in Japan, its European and North American launches are entirely up in the air.

That could prove costly to Sony. Gran Turismo 5 has already taken five years and $60 million to develop. Sony had been seriously promoting the title over the last five months, first announcing the Japanese March 2010 release date in September, then releasing an online demo in December, and even exhibiting the game in 3D last week at the 2010 Computer Electronics Show.

Gran Turismo 5 is only the latest of several key game delays. After a delay-filled fall, Take-Two postponed anticipated sequel Max Payne 3 until the third quarter of 2010, and Ubisoft recently pushed back their anticipated spy thriller, Splinter Cell: Conviction, from February 23 to April 1.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
:( I just went over the posts..The only one I remeber seeing was the delay one.

And you're welome.

Sarge_13

Established Member
:lol::lol:

I'll be enjoying Forza 4 by the time this comes out. It's really a shame because Gran Turismo was the game that really got me hooked on racing sims and I've been playing since the first one on PS1.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
oh well. i'll have god of war 3 and the new battlefield: bad company to tide me over until this game comes out. not a big deal at all, if you ask me.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
60million to develop?

at $50 a pop it will take 1.2million copies to break even.

Methinks GT5 will become the Duke Nukem of racing games.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Methinks GT5 will become the Duke Nukem of racing games.

Was thinking the same thing, except to earn that title, it would have to be in "development" for a total of 12 years and then be canceled.

If they already have a demo for it, then they must have an actual working game, unlike Duke Nukem. I bet it will eventually come out.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Thanks for making me laugh again knowing you've been waiting for a game in that has been in production for over 4 years.:lol1:

Someone is butt hurt that the GT series is taking all the spotlight. Forza series always fall short of the GT games. I've been playing MW2 so waiting for a ''pure win'' game to come out is no big deal. Also will be having GOW 3 to occupy me.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Someone is butt hurt that the GT series is taking all the spotlight. Forza series always fall short of the GT games. I've been playing MW2 so waiting for a ''pure win'' game to come out is no big deal. Also will be having GOW 3 to occupy me.

The only reason GT5 has been taking the spotlight is because people have been focus on how Polyphony can't keep any deadlines, or in other words, don't know WTF they're doing.

Have you ever played Forza, or are you just trying to keep to your lame attempts at trying to rile up the crowd?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
so I walked outside of my apartment and saw this shiettt

bttfdoc.jpg

Anyways, he was telling me that he has played the 2nd demo, but his friend couldn't keep a steady hand on the controller...

He is eagerly awaiting the release of this game as well.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The only reason GT5 has been taking the spotlight is because people have been focus on how Polyphony can't keep any deadlines, or in other words, don't know WTF they're doing.

Have you ever played Forza, or are you just trying to keep to your lame attempts at trying to rile up the crowd?

I'm going with this considering in the other thread he was trying to bust on Forza 3 not having a shift animation.:lol1: That was like news for the first week of its launch then it was fixed.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

The game it's self hasn't taken ANY spotlight because people can't ****ing play it because it's been in production since 1987:lol1:. The spotlight is on the fact that the PS3 owners have been lied to numerous times.

Users who are viewing this thread