Graduate sues school for not finding her a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbal

Established Member
Alumna sues college because she hasn't found a job - CNN.com

"As Thompson sees it, any reasonable employer would pounce on an applicant with her academic credentials, which include a 2.7 grade-point average and a solid attendance record."

"She suggested that Monroe's Office of Career Advancement shows preferential treatment to students with excellent grades. "They favor more toward students that got a 4.0. They help them more out with the job placement," she said."

WTF is wrong with people? I love reading her perspective on why she feels wronged by the College. As if it is not hard enough for grads to find jobs right now, she feels entitled with a less than impressive 2.7 GPA and solid attendance record. She will probably win her court case. :nonono:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'd feel bad if I had a 2.7 AND a solid attendance record.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
I love the sense of entitlement people in this country have these days. My GPA in college was around 2.7 and I had a horrible attendance record. Which is why it was 2.7. But damn did I have a lot of fun with the extra curricular activities. And I am have the same job I would have had if I would have had a 4.0.

Last edited:

LSUstang05

Established Member
I love the sense of entitlement people in this country have these days. My GPA in college was around 2.7 and I had a horrible attendance record. Which is why it was 2.7. But damn did I have a lot of fun with the extra curricular activities. And I am have the same job I would have had if I would have had a 4.0.

This is essentially where I am at. Less than stellar attendance record but damnit, I'm having a blast in my extracurricular activities :beer:

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
So she should be viewed equal to me with my 3.72 college GPA? WTF? I don't think so. Unless she has some type of learning disability I don't see what point she has.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I hope she stays jobless for the next year and a half. And I REALLY hope she loses the court case....by it being thrown out.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Try dealing with this perspective EVERY DAY...I work in career services at a large public university.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I had a 3.2 at my last school with decent attendance. Not the school's fault that she can't get a job.

Robert Francis

Established Member
This gal sounds like a bit of a dope, and I'm not familar with this gals school and what they may "tell" their students, but around here the community colleges, and even some smaller 4 year speciality colleges in their aggressive advertising heavily infer that upon graduation, you can easliy find a well paying good job. There's a lot people out there who are being told to go to college and educate themselves (without explaining what that may mean) and that upon graduation they will walk out and automatically get a good paying job in their field of study. Frequently no one tells them that there is no guarantee of a job whether you educate yourself or not - and that your GPA can make a big difference in getting an interview. Especially if you are the first in your family to attend college. And college counselors too often aren't the best at these schools and too often they don't make a point of scheduling time with students to tell them what they really "need" to know about the job market and GPA's, etc. to help prepare them for the "world of work."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread