GPS Update for non-Sync cars

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
I have the original maps installed on my GPS on my 07. I've been looking online and came across this site:

Ford Navigation System Updates | Ford Navigation DVD 2012

Ford - Mustang - 2007 - Ford, Lincoln and Mercury - North America Map DVD Version 11P -

Have any of you guys done this update. The disks are $200. I was quoted over $500 by the local dealer who told me they have an audio guy who comes in once a week and does the updates. He also mentioned that sometimes the updates don't work and if it doesn't I'm still out the $500.

I'd like some input from those with experience before I do anything.

Thanks,
Brad

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I have the original maps installed on my GPS on my 07. I've been looking online and came across this site:

Ford Navigation System Updates | Ford Navigation DVD 2012

Ford - Mustang - 2007 - Ford, Lincoln and Mercury - North America Map DVD Version 11P -

Have any of you guys done this update. The disks are $200. I was quoted over $500 by the local dealer who told me they have an audio guy who comes in once a week and does the updates. He also mentioned that sometimes the updates don't work and if it doesn't I'm still out the $500.

I'd like some input from those with experience before I do anything.

Thanks,
Brad

The nav system uses a DVD for it's data and software. The second link you have is to the Navtec website which is the OEM for this data. Anyone can buy the updated DVDs and load them. A dealer charging $300 just to spend 5min with your car is insanity. Not to mention he "has a guy" that comes in to do it....I'm in the wrong business. :bash:

I've heard some folks have had good luck getting the DVDs on ebay for less than the $200, but I haven't updated mine since 2008, so I'm about due and plan to just get the 11P version.

Users who are viewing this thread