GPS system 'close to breakdown'; Network of satellites could begin to fail in 2010...

cobra_matt

Established Member
I've never found a need for a GPS. If I'm going somewhere I don't know the route to, Google maps will do the trick.

Last edited:

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
:bs::bs::bs: The Govt relies on GPS way to much along with the commercial industry (airlines, shipping ect) along with Emergency crews ect. to let the system fail.

On a side note I love how SVTP is to tough to use GPS lol. STFU GPS is awesome!!! I dont use it for driving but, "GPS direct" is how I fly.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
On a side note I love how SVTP is to tough to use GPS lol. STFU GPS is awesome!!! I dont use it for driving but, "GPS direct" is how I fly.

Real SVTP men use their intuition to navigate aircraft. No instrumentation needed here my friend. :p

clean93

Established Member
I still dont use a GPS been trying to get one for a long time. Im still used to using maps and my own sense of direction. Guess its handy if youre going somewhere at the last minute and you dont have any directions and just an address.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
I think this is unlikely, but I thought it would make for a good discussion. It has. I have visited 60 clients in 8 states in 12 days. I am sure star navigation would have worked but gps saved a ton of time. I do not understand the anti technology sentiment.

Last edited:

hoamskilet

Established Member

+1

Yeah, it really sucks punching an address in and having a voice give you your directions as you're driving :dw:

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
because i guess if you use technology you're a pussy and not manly enough.

nothin but a bunch of men on this site. doin men things!

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I can get most places I need to go without a map.

Interstates are designed so you can do a pretty fair job of navigating without maps.

When I am afraid that I might need directions, I use google maps before I leave.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
Real SVTP men use their intuition to navigate aircraft. No instrumentation needed here my friend. :p

lol, intuition to navigate aircraft, just had budlight shoot out my nose, let me know how that works for you in IFR conditions .....

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Google Maps on my Blackberry FTW. Just like the iPhone commercials. I want pizza in a town I'm not familiar with and I can search for it, see every pizza joint in town, get a number, call and order, then get directions to the restaurant and pick it up. Anytime I get lost, I can find where I'm at and find out how to get back to where I need to go. If you guys want to use maps, go right ahead, but I like the convenience of my phone telling me exactly where I am and where I'm trying to go.

I hate the morons who have GPS devices sitting in their windshields blocking their view every second they are driving. Why does every other person on the beltway need a GPS during their daily commute? Do you not know how to get to work? How do you see past that 5" square box that is clearly blocking your view to the right. There is a reason windshields are made of glass.

Last edited:

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
+1

Yeah, it really sucks punching an address in and having a voice give you your directions as you're driving :dw:

I have GPS in my Infiniti but it stays off pretty much all the time, my navi is way out of date and will usually get you lost ... but I have maps on the iphone that works pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread