Government Job Opportunity

DCOURTS

Established Member
I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this. I dont know anyone who works for the government but have heard my share of stories.

I have been approached about an opportunity to work here in NYC as a special agent in ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). I will be working in a group that deals primarily with financial fraud. They also deal with narcotics trafficking, arms dealing, and pretty much anything you can think of using money.

Any thoughts ?

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Id do it, the chances for promotion in most Government jobs is high. I know that most Immigration agents start out at least around 38k for entry level work

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
A Special Agent with ICE is a GS-13 journeyman level position. With 25 percent LEA pay and cost of living for NYC you will make over 100,000 easy.

The work will be what YOU make it. I say go for it if you like the area.

skyhighsd

Established Member
I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this. I dont know anyone who works for the government but have heard my share of stories.

I have been approached about an opportunity to work here in NYC as a special agent in ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). I will be working in a group that deals primarily with financial fraud. They also deal with narcotics trafficking, arms dealing, and pretty much anything you can think of using money.

Any thoughts ?

A friend of mine went into ICE about a year and a half ago. He says he loves the job. I havent talked to him about it in awhile he ended up moving a few states away for it. I would say do it if you are not in a "career" type of job that you like.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Any thoughts ?

ICE is a great agency if you get the right field office and the right SAC.

What are of study is your undergraduate degree?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
A Special Agent with ICE is a GS-13 journeyman level position. With 25 percent LEA pay and cost of living for NYC you will make over 100,000 easy.

The work will be what YOU make it. I say go for it if you like the area.

jesus GS13?

JasonSnake

Established Member
best thing about goverment positions is job security

only if you've been in for a while.

I was the new face in my dept for the county. Eight months later I'm on the chopping block because of budget cuts. Last one hired, first one out.

Users who are viewing this thread