Gotta Start Somewhere...

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Welp I was heading up to Brenspeed to have an offroad exhaust put on my 04' GT with addition to my catback, only to find out the guy who cut the catback(different shop), did it right after the "H", sigh. So now the prochamber will be too short when the cats get taken off(all damn 4 of them). So, ordered a new catback and I'll go again to get it all installed, woot woot!!

Told that story to relate it to this one. So as not to waste the 3 hour drive, I asked for a short dyno run. She's never been on the dyno before so I wanted a good baseline for where I am at.

Max power: 244.59
Max Torque: 281.46

Current mods:

-Pulleys
-Mag Catback
-BBK plenum/75mm TB
-JLT CAI
-Xcal tuned

All that said and done, I don't think she did all that bad on 87 Octane and few mods. Thanks to the guys at Brenspeed for thier straightforward answers, you'll see me again for sure. Always room for improvement....:rockon:!!

Edit: Can't post the Dynograph, they didn't send it yet.

Last edited:

mysticalsnake

Established Member
he also hasn't had his car tuned. He stated that he had never dynoed the car before, so a tune should liven that thing up a good bit

crystal_SVT

Established Member
i just put down 265 hp and 290 ftlb tq and all i got done to my 02 gt is x pipe cat back and a tune

ummm that sounds a little fishy to me :dw:. that would mean ur runnin 300+ at the flywheel with only exhaust as ur mods? ive never heard of gaining 40hp with a catback an midpipe lol. either your lieing or the dyno was not calibrated correctly, stock gt's are puttin down 235ish, explain how u gained 30rwhp with exhaust an tune?

Last edited:

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
cinch1985 what kind (brand) of tune do you have? what octane setting?

Actually I do have a tune, but it was only the 87 Octane one. I have 91 and 93 as well, I didn't plan on Dynoing the car that day and was on 87, decided to give it a shot anyway. :beer:

You may actually be loosing power with a throttle body that large.

75mm TB, Really? How so, please explain.

TrickStang37

Established Member
You may actually be loosing power with a throttle body that large.
I think thats more myth than truth. I had a book on dyno runs for a 5.0 and on a near stock 5.0 they dyno tested the TB's and the larger ones made pretty much the same power down low and up top than stock. All were within ~2 hp.

Users who are viewing this thread