Gotta pay to be low... Pics included!

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Well, I knew the day would come when I would suffer some damage of some sort.... Been in Austin for 3 weeks and the truck has taken a beating. The stock 18's have the truck just too low. I have raised the rear up a bit with shackles for now but I really need to get my 23's back on!!!

Truck sure looks sexxxy still (don't mind the cell phone pics)

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

1st week in Austin, this happens in a parking lot!

DSC00026.jpg

2 Weeks into Austin wife takes the truck to starbucks and catches the bumper on a parking curb backing out of a spot

DSC00027.jpg

3rd Week here and leaving the Inspection center where it was in a very bad location the tranny pan had enough between that hit and the speed bumps it has been brushing over the past few weeks..

Crime Scene
DSC00003-1.jpg

The relocated drain plug (out of the way now after the last bump it hit)
DSC00004-1.jpg

So since the wife now has a 2002 330CI bmw she is driving, and I have repaired my drain plug on the 4x4 pan for now. I will be installing the stock one back on and getting my 23's back on sooner than later for more clearance.

Engine bay after the trip down from Toronto. 1700 miles $400 in fuel didn't skip a beat.

DSC00028.jpg

20 minutes of love today because i felt bad for the truck!

DSC00029.jpg

Now just need to repaint my front bumper! If anyone is interested in my 03-04 style wheels they will be up for sale to pay for the rubber needed on my 23's :)

Last edited:

The Swede

How long is a string ?
Established Member
You need to get a Moroso pan, i had the same pan and problem before.

Truck looks great despite the mishaps !

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
sorry to see the damage to such a clean truck, luckily all of that is relatively minor stuff.

I will buy the stock wheels from you, save you the hassle no shipping I will picked them up at your doorstep. Shoot me over a good deal.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
and this is why i tell everyone NOT to buy a 4x4 pan... moroso pan FTW!

anyway sucks dude... get them 23's back on it and get it back to being the sexy truck we all remember

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Oh man I feel your pain.. I figured you were gonna have issues when you came to town. Hell, I have issues and my truck and its nowhere near as low and my bumper srapes on damn near everything.

Hopefully those 23's will give you the clearance needed to help keep you out of trouble.

This weekend you should see alot of nice vehicles roll intown. Texas Heat Wave is practically one of the biggest car/truck shows of the year for Austin. Lowriders pretty much take over the town..haha..

-Chris :beer:

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
00slvrL I am about to send you a PM..

Thanks to all for the feedback! I will look into the Moroso pan for sure. Otherwise I will just put the stock one back on. At 121k... I will wait till I blow something up then just go built :)

It will be cool to see all the cars roll in this weekend for sure! Can't wait to get my OZ Velas back on!!!

kidlightning5

Established Member
Sorry to hear about all the problems you have had. To this day I have never scraped the bumper on anything in Austin. Hope you start having better luck.

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
#2 pic is familiar!
i have that on both sides of my front bumper, living in canada still, only lowered about an inch.

glad i'm not that low, i wouldn't have a bumper left! lol

hope things are treating you well in texas!
Sean

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
I know where your coming from man. Since i've had my L lowered there's a lot of places I won't even attempt to go that have very steep inclines or declines. Haven't caught the bumper on anything yet, but I have heard it come in contact with the ground a few times. I know the other day I was backing out of a very angled driveway and I heard this awful grinding noise and I thought I had tore the rear bumper to shreds luckily it was just the two metal tabs that hang down scraping.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
def looks like its been through a rough time over there... but as mentioned, it is something simple. Believe me I feel your pain over here, our roads are most lowered vehicles unfriendly.

Users who are viewing this thread