Gotta love rumors

weebz69

Established Member
Man all those Jack wagons out there talking that Ford will be getting rid of the 5.8 for the new body style....not right away anyways and doing an all motor 5.3 L in the new cobra lol Dude this info is from Car & Driver's December 2013 issue....and yes Ford will keep the 5.8 for now and also introduce a flat 8 between 5-5.5 L eco boost that makes 550-600hp this is what they say...

Ford has many plans for ultra-high-performance Mustangs. The first will be a successor to the Shelby-branded GT500, and the company will continue to offer Ford’s “Trinity” supercharged 5.8-liter V-8 making 662 horses. Past the new-gen Shelby GT500, Ford has additional powertrain options for two more hi-po nameplates.

The first is a twin-turbocharged V-8, code-named “Voodoo,” which displaces between 5.0 and 5.5 liters and, most intriguingly, has a “flat-plane” or 180-degree crankshaft, as Ferrari has used in its V-8s since 1973. This configuration, also found in the late Lotus Esprit V-8, is akin to connecting two four-cylinder banks to a common crankshaft. Flat cranks theoretically improve power, throttle response, and the soundtrack at the expense of greater vibration. This EcoBoost V-8 will produce between 550 and 600 horses. It will power a Shelby GT350–branded model that eventually will take over from the GT500, as Ford is desperate to discontinue that car’s costly and thirsty Trinity.

fastashell

Banned
Just me personally, I think they will discontinue the shelby name, period. It just doesn't make any sense to have it on there since he has passed, r.i.p., I expect to see these nameplates, boss, cobra, mach, gt, sick six, and roush packages

jes_csx

Established Member
I'm in GB as well… but I'm not really sure what you are trying to say.
If you are going of C&D, you are trusting the wrong source.

americansteel

Banned
You mean the 5.8 they already stopped production on...[/QUOTthey

postponed production till a later date. you also have to look at ford spent hundreds of millions of dollars on production of the 2 V6 engines 5.0 6.2l and the 5.8 engines. ford will get their money they invested on their products. the 5.8l will be offered in N/A form and blown. there is no voodoo motor there is no flat crank there is no co-boost V8. btw eco-boost V8????

source- FORD

Users who are viewing this thread