GOTTA LOVE IT!!! :shrug:

getblown03

Established Member
Well guys got the motor back from proline yesterday, and they sent me a little souvenir (dont beat me over it) lol

when we tore it down we saw the #7 piston (in pic) and saw the top of it and noticed how bad it was, HAD NO CLUE IT WAS EVEN WORSE, it looks like someone took a torch to the piston

heres a pic of the motor cant see the new pistons and such, sorry for the quality i took the pics from my phone

ooooops who snuck that in there HA HA just kidding it was probably the size of my foot but hears the real deal

bored .020 over cp pistons 17cc dropped the compression down to 8.71:1 stainless steel rings race coated bearings billet oil pump few more goodies also to be installed on the car is the 26 spline input shaft, spec 3+ clutch spec steel flywheel, LDC coolant mod (already on) clutch firewall adjuster dual svt focus fuel pumps it should be completed by next friday and then ill have it towed down to MPH for my tune ill be running 2 tunes 93 octane and probaby 110 octane like i said before dont bash me on the piston i learned my lesson!!!!!! :nono:

Last edited:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
lol tell us how it happened.and dont worry no one on here could/should make fun of you, we all drive our cars hard at times...its what we own them for.

getblown03

Established Member
lol well i was on the highway toyin around with another member on the forum rick (steeda30) i think his sn is but it was about a month and a half after i installed the 2.6 on the car and i was slamming it into 5th and BANG pulled over rick called me said there was a ton of smoke coming out the back got off the highway poped the hood OIL all over the place it was a LONG evening

Jefe

Established Member
what phone did you use? Not bad at all!

getblown03

Established Member
yeah its been a long process its been out since middle of march and i think im about to go insane lol, i miss the sound, actually i think i forgot how to drive a stick..... from what i hear its going to be a totally different car (spec 3+) and the new internals

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Just curious... how much does a rebuild cost including labor. Glad your getting everything back together

Jay G

Established Member
Gdubb said:
Just curious... how much does a rebuild cost including labor. Glad your getting everything back together
+1 thinking of doing this before that happends:shrug:

getblown03

Established Member
AROD i went with the ldc cooling mod, the evenflow just didnt seem like it would work as well, then the apten one had rubber or plastic fittings i dont remember which but when the hot coolant would hit the T fitting it would actually misform so the best one was the LDC.

Kevin the Clean 1- When i got the car tuned i had and 81" belt on the car and it was slipping on the top which obviously i knew about well the next day i was playing around with this punk in a c6 and the belt slipped off the pulley and chewed up the first 2 ribs, so i stopped by the shop and they put on another belt which i believe it was an 80 4/5 or something around that and went on my way ( we called autozone, advanced, oreilly, and a few other shops to get a gatorback belt, no one had an 81') i think the gas leaned out in it and blewout the side of the piston

theDRIVER- im not really sure i mean it made 602 and 597 on 93 octane right at 19lbs of boost, (prolly also why it blew up), so im definatly doing 2 tunes on the car this time a conservative tune and a race tune (110 octane) but im also thinking of putting a smaller pulley on the blower i have the 3.5 kb on there now thinking on going with a 3.3 or 3.1 BF non slip so i guess to answer your question im shooting for 700+ on race tune!

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Damn I've never seen a piston look like that - all melted on the side :eek: I'm surprised there was no detonation/porcelain breaking off of the plugs when it got that hot.

I knew something was up when I was running even with you with my weaksauce 500 RWHP compared to what I thought was ~600 RWHP. :D Then I found out why when it started smoking, man that just sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread