Gotta Have Builds - Coming Soon from CJ Pony Parts!

Steve@CJPP

Gotta Have Builds - Revealed!!

You probably remember seeing this last week on all of our feeds:

Screen-shot-2012-02-09-at-4.04.07-PM.png

It caused a bit of a commotion. It left many of our customers quite curious and we received more than a few questions as to what we were up to.

We kept promising something very cool.

And now it’s time to unveil the first part of “Gotta Have Builds.”

We just ordered two brand-new 2013 Mustangs!

mustang1024x768.jpg

Both are “Gotta Have It Green.”

Both are GTs.

Both include the 5.0L “Coyote” V8, along with all of the other awesome new features we talked about when the 2013 Mustang was unveiled.

While these cars will start out similar, both will serve very different roles for CJ Pony Parts and will be set apart by their very different options and their very catchy names:

gottahavebuildsrace.jpg

gottahavebuildsstreet.jpg

• Premium GT Coupe
  • Automatic Transmission
  • 400A Equipment Package
  • 4.2″ LCD Message Center with MyColor and Track Apps
  • Leather wrapped Steering Wheel with controls for the LCD message center
  • SIRIUS Satellite Radio
  • Leather Seats (with power driver’s seat)
  • Shaker Sound System
  • Comfort Package
  • Electronics Package
  • Voice Activated Navigation
  • SIRIUS Travel Link
  • HD Radio
  • Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
  • 19″ Wheels
  • Glass Roof

Coming up soon, we’ll be giving you a glimpse of what we expect them to look like when they’re done!

We have lots of HUGE plans for both of these cars and we’ll be updating you regularly on our progress. We’ll be posting every update right here on the Mustang Parts blog. However, if you gotta have more Gotta Have Builds, visit the dedicated website: http://www.gottahavebuilds.com/.

However, we invite you to toss in your two cents. What do you think we should be doing to our two new Mustangs? What do these cars gotta have?

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm kind of new to the mustang community, so i'm not sure what this add is all about?

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
If it truly were "gotta have it" wouldn't all of the hype and dramatic marketing be superfluous?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
If you are building a car, please pick a different color than gotta have it green. That's possibly the worst mustang color ever

grabber blue gt

Established Member
If you are building a car, please pick a different color than gotta have it green. That's possibly the worst mustang color ever

No Im sorry but that light green color on the 05-09's I think was much much uglier. But hey if everyone had the same opinion all mustangs on the road would be the same. To each his/her own

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
No Im sorry but that light green color on the 05-09's I think was much much uglier. But hey if everyone had the same opinion all mustangs on the road would be the same. To each his/her own

They both are ugly. Ford should have brought back grabber green instead

Grant808

Established Member
so vendors are allowed to troll as they please?

No, Authorized Vendors are...I believe this is exactly what that status is for.

I comparison shop all the time and place one of my larger orders through CJ...so I don't know what the price complaints are about, and I wasn't using any coupons or discounts. Sure, I was happier about their black Monday sale prices...but isn't that what sale days are for?

Though I did order some Boss T-shirts and they have CJ Pony Parts on the arm...I didn't think that was as advertised:shrug: :dw:

Steve@CJPP

Update to OP

Yeah it may be "ugly" but when we go to the track with our track car they'll do the same thing they did with our Legend Lime car, They'll point and say oh shit CJ's is here. Why.... because you can't miss the "ugly" car ALL eyes are on it. ;)

Last edited:

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i like the green. i think it is going to end up like the EG was. i got an EG Cobra in 2000 and had it for about 2 years. when i tried to sell it no one wanted it, everyone hated it. when other 99 cobra's were selling for 20-25k people were offering 15 and almost everyone said if only it wasn't green. but now everyone seems to love it.

Steve@CJPP

[youtube_browser]dNupaut5ZLc[/youtube_browser]

After our big announcement on Monday, it’s only fitting that this week’s video of the week showcases our upcoming Gotta Have Builds! The cars in the video are only mockups and are one of many possibilities of what Gotta Have It Race and Gotta Have It Street might end up looking like.

Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of design tools out there yet for the 2013 Mustangs, so we had to base our mockups on the 2010 GT500 model. They aren’t exactly the same, but are definitely very close! In fact, to make these designs and this awesome video happen, we found out that the video game Forza 4 was an easy tool to use. One of our designers spent many hours on Forza 4 to create these possible designs for our Gotta Have Builds cars and today’s video.

Are you already a Forza 4 gamer on the Xbox 360? Starting today, you can download either of these two in-game designs for FREE! Just go to the Storefront in Forza 4, then Buy Designs (don’t worry, it’s still free) and search for the Manual Keyword “Gotta Have Builds”.

So, take a look and let us know your thoughts on these possible designs.

Enjoy your weekend!

Steve@CJPP

thumb.php

While we’re waiting for our Gotta Have Builds 2013 Mustang GTs to hit the assembly line at the Ford Mustang plant, we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to share some of our plans for the cars, and let you know where we want to visit with them, so you can make plans to come check them out for yourself!

This week, our focus is on the Gotta Have It Race Mustang!

CJ Pony Service is going to be working hard on Gotta Have It Race to reach their goal of having the fastest naturally aspirated 5.0 Mustangs on the drag strip!

To start, we’ll be hitting the dyno at In Tune Autoworks, our go-to dyno shop for over a year, just down the road from CJ’s. In Tune Autoworks will be using a Mustang Dyno during testing, which is known to record power readings 10-15% lower than a Dynojet.

Once our baseline dyno is done, Gotta Have It Race will be heading down to the drag strip at Cecil County Dragway, where Bill Tumas, our CJ Pony Service Manager, runs his personal Mustangs. We are hoping the car is built and delivered to CJ’s before April 21st, so it can be entered in the JLP Shootout at the Cecil County Dragway. That event will allow us to get a good baseline for the car and see what our future competition will be like.

After our baseline runs at the JLP Shootout, we plan to enter the Super Stang class at the MIR NMRA event in Maryland on May 4-6th, and the Fun Ford Weekend at the Maple Grove Raceway on August 17-18. We’re also considering a number of other events that are within a 3-4 hour range of CJ’s and have a good class for our Gotta Have It Race to enter. You might also see us in the CJ Pony Parts – Rally Dixie 2012 in June or on The Hot Rod Power Tour.

In terms of drag times, our first goal is to break the stock intake to pan record, which currently stands at 11.37@118 (and was achieved with an automatic Mustang). Once that’s been beaten, we’re gunning for the current stock longblock naturally aspirated record of 11.02@122, which was achieved on a 6-speed Mustang, like Gotta Have It Race. Both of those records are current as posted on the S197 Forum.

Will you be coming out to see Gotta Have It Race at the track, or do you think your Mustang has what it takes to beat it?

Take our poll below and let us know what you think our best stock time will be the first time out!

qwikhuh

Established Member
He may have gotten into the 10's, I'll have to contact him and find out his best time. We just went off a well known database on another forum. JJ is a good guy and I look forward to running him heads up once we get our car modified. This post is all in fun really, its just marketing. Our 2005 GT was Legend Lime and was one of the only NA 3V cars to run in the 11's and we did it with the stock intake, cams, and CMCV plates still in place. When we were shopping for a new Mustang and saw the green well we knew we "gotta have it". The legend lime grew on me and I think the Gotta Have It will be a cool color in person. Either way you can't miss it which is the point of the color in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread