Gotta ditch the Corbeaus...Cobra or Mach 1 Seats...?

code3smith

Established Member
I currently have the Corbeau A4s. My girlfriend doesnt like them (bad back), so I need to go back to stock. Although I have two options. I can go back to the stock Cobra seats (04 dark charcoal inserts being offered), or I have an offer to trade with some Mach 1 seats. I like the retro look of the Mach 1 seats, but I am not sure if they will look good in the Cobra. I am keeping the rear seat delete in my car, which is black. Here are pics of the current setup and pics of the Mach 1 seats being offered. Let me know what you think. Thanks! :beer:

seats4.JPG

seats3.JPG

seats2.JPG

seats1.JPG

mach11.jpg

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
How'd you like the Corbeau A4s? I want to pick up some Cobra Daytonas, but the Corbeaus are much cheaper. I know Cobras are top of the line, but I'd rather not pay that much for seats. Can you get the A4s in a gray that better matches the interior?
And my vote is for the Cobra seats. The Mach 1s aren't as comfortable and wouldn't match as well.

code3smith

Established Member
So if I stay with Cobra seats, should I get the dark or light grey inserts?

The Corbeaus are great seats. If you arent a large guy, you will like them.

Whiskey City

Established Member
I like the Cobra seats myself and am a little partial to the gray inserts. I have a sonic blue vert and I like the contrast of the light and dark seats. Also, I'm a stickler for stock. I like stuff that matches, numbers, interior, wheels, etc.

That's my $0.02.:beer:

Silver 03 Cobra

Originally posted by WDW MKR
How'd you like the Corbeau A4s? I want to pick up some Cobra Daytonas, but the Corbeaus are much cheaper. I know Cobras are top of the line, but I'd rather not pay that much for seats. Can you get the A4s in a gray that better matches the interior?
And my vote is for the Cobra seats. The Mach 1s aren't as comfortable and wouldn't match as well.

I've seen the Cobra Daytonas and I think Recaro Speed seats are a superior seat. They match the 03/04 interior really close. I have a few pics on a post on here. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
to bad your all the way across the country, or else i would swap ya. as for the seats of choice, i'd go with the cobra seats. i think the mach1's are nice, but they dont match the cobra very well, and they arent quite as supportive.

code3smith

Established Member
Well I am going back to Cobra seats. But I am making the trade with someone that has the 04 seats with the dark charcoal suede. Should look nice, and somewhat rare, since I have an 03 Sonic Blue :) I will post pictures when I get them in this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread