got warranty work done with a predator

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
it was nothing major, just get my rear differential leak fixed (which actually turned out to be axle seals in addition to the differential cover), but they had to have an svt inspector look it for them to do work on a cobra ( or at least thats what they told me) they also saw that i had no pulley cover on and asked me if i ever had a chip and/or pulley, i said no i just like how it looked with no cover and i changed the s/c belt. they said they were waiting for the inspector, and the tech was out to lunch. hour later tech calls me back says the rear is covered under the warranty, they are just waiting on the axle seals to come in so they can finish it, and they just have to fix the control panel on the seat. what i did last night was reload the original backup from my predator, took off my racing numbers, and cleaned all of the rubber from the wheel wells and surrounding area. looks like it worked, now i will just get my car back monday, load up the predator again and i will be back in business, i am so glad i waited for this instead of getting a chip.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by fiorefiveoh
it was nothing major, just get my rear differential leak fixed (which actually turned out to be axle seals in addition to the differential cover), but they had to have an svt inspector look it for them to do work on a cobra ( or at least thats what they told me) they also saw that i had no pulley cover on and asked me if i ever had a chip and/or pulley, i said no i just like how it looked with no cover and i changed the s/c belt. they said they were waiting for the inspector, and the tech was out to lunch. hour later tech calls me back says the rear is covered under the warranty, they are just waiting on the axle seals to come in so they can finish it, and they just have to fix the control panel on the seat. what i did last night was reload the original backup from my predator, took off my racing numbers, and cleaned all of the rubber from the wheel wells and surrounding area. looks like it worked, now i will just get my car back monday, load up the predator again and i will be back in business, i am so glad i waited for this instead of getting a chip.

Is your dealer Fullerton??

DPS

Established Member
Actually, he is the dealer, you just got busted:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
I lived in Bridgewater for a while - never took a car there for service though (just didn't have a need). I'm in North Jersey now. I almost bought a Contour SVT from them but they just didn't have the color I wanted in 98.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Just sucks for a guy like me that has been waiting for almost a month to get stuff cleared for work and warrenty to start again, and I dont have any mods.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Just sucks for a guy like me that has been waiting for almost a month to get stuff cleared for work and warrenty to start again, and I dont have any mods.

what sucks for you? are you getting denied your warranty? sorry if i am misunderstanding your post.

nj7703

Established Member
yes it is, where in nj are you?

I bought mine from Fullerton, I'm near Flemington @ home, Morristown @ work. I am happy with them as a service place, just did not know how mod "friendly" they were. Nice to see they are not too bad with it.:beer: I hate going there, the traffic on that road is insane!!

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
traffic on 22? it doesnt get that bad. im sure you are familar with the somerville circle, and parkway south during the summer@5-6 pm, now that is bad. yeah they said as long as i didnt have a chip/pulley, intake/exhaust is no big deal. i also have a steeda firewall adjustable quadrant, Pro 5.0 shifter, and they didnt say a peep about those mods, not like should anyway.

nj7703

Established Member
traffic on 22? it doesnt get that bad. im sure you are familar with the somerville circle, and parkway south during the summer@5-6 pm, now that is bad. yeah they said as long as i didnt have a chip/pulley, intake/exhaust is no big deal. i also have a steeda firewall adjustable quadrant, Pro 5.0 shifter, and they didnt say a peep about those mods, not like should anyway.

Yeah traffic for sure has worse spots. PERFECT!! those are the only mods i want to make, shifter, intake, and exhaust. Good deal!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
what sucks for you? are you getting denied your warranty? sorry if i am misunderstanding your post.

Yes sorry if I wasnt clear but yes im being denied warrenty on my mtr. I haven done anything. they claim I ran octang boost and caused engine problems. But I never ran it. Just a stock show car.

03Cobra3943

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hi, another Bridgewater, NJ Cobra here! No Mods, so no problem with warranty work! Any of you know of a good paint shop in NJ? I'm thinking of having my 92 GT repainted.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Cobra3943
Hi, another Bridgewater, NJ Cobra here! No Mods, so no problem with warranty work! Any of you know of a good paint shop in NJ? I'm thinking of having my 92 GT repainted.

I may have to have my 03 repainted.. :lol: the paint chips are unreal!!

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
Yes sorry if I wasnt clear but yes im being denied warrenty on my mtr. I haven done anything. they claim I ran octang boost and caused engine problems. But I never ran it. Just a stock show car.

oh ok, i remember reading your posts. how is that going, any progress?

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Do you know if they ran a diagnostic scan? Or did they automatically know the problem was with the differential? From reading the post it sounds like they did not even check to see if the stock computer was modified one way or the other. I think the true test to see if the predator is warranty friendly is if the dealership runs a diagnostic scan on your car after the stock tune is put back into place. I think if it can pass that test it looks like the predator is warranty friendly.

BTW- I used a hypertech power programmer many a times on my former GM cars. I reflashed the stock tune, had the car serviced with a diagnostic scan, never a problem about the computer being tampered with.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
i dont know if they did a diagnostic scan, from what i picked up talking to them about the svt inspector, sounded like they were just checking to see if there physically was a chip attached to my computer, and to see if the pulley was stock. i do not know if there was a diagnostic test run on my car, but i will find out when i pick it up. they did know what the problem was with the differential when they put it up on the lift, plus the tech said it was usually the cover and/or the axle seals.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
oh ok, i remember reading your posts. how is that going, any progress?

Just recieved a email from the area rep after I fired off one to him cause the dealer said it is a closed matter and I havnt been informed of any out come yet.

The rep just said he is still working on it.

Friendchicken

Just recieved a email from the area rep after I fired off one to him cause the dealer said it is a closed matter and I havnt been informed of any out come yet.

The rep just said he is still working on it.
don't mean to hijack the thread guys...

what a BS excuse to deny a warrantee... our manuals say to use high octain fuel in the first place. Hope it works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread