Got walked on my 600 by a GTR

CobraKid04

Established Member
what year was the GTR? I think the 12s are the extra nasty ones...but like you I know little about them.

Solid death though

BlueSnake01

Established Member
what year was the GTR? I think the 12s are the extra nasty ones...but like you I know little about them.

Solid death though
2012 surprised the crap outta me. They sure as hell surprised Z06 owners. Those are extremely dangerous in pretty much anything you throw at it now. I would finally call it "Godzilla" still hoping I run into one:banana:
I find this thread kinda funny given your signature. :)

:lol1::lol:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Yup. :lol1:

The signature is more a jab at the guys with 300hp cars who think 600s are like slow dirtbikes for some reason. Almost every day I see a thread where some guy in a bolt-on LS1 or tuned Cobalt SS thinks he beat a 600. Hell, even guys with cammed or H/C LS1's and pullied or ported Cobras often think 600's are nothing special, so it's always fun to show them how quick a well-ridden one is.

The majority of my races go down like this: some guy in a bolt-on STI pulls up next to me to mess around, so I drop to the appropriate gear (typically first below indicated 50, second below indicated 90). I let them punch it and then go flying by them so fast by the top of that gear that I could just let off, but I stay in it for another gear or two to prove the point. Then I slow up down the road and when they pull up next to me the question is always the same: "DAMN, is that a 1000?!!" I proceed to tell them it's a stock 600 and half of them don't believe me, the other half just scratch their heads like something doesn't make sense. It's always good for a laugh.

That said, I know and race enough high hp cars and bikes to know exactly where a 600 actually stands and I certainly don't win every race. If you're pushing 600+ to the wheels in cars like this, you're probably gonna come crankin by me around 130-140, and if you're pushin a lot more than that (which many guys around here are), I might not even get out on you from first gear. I've got no problem posting up threads and videos with me losing because I just like to have fun. :burnout:

And it doesn't change the fact that on a very regular basis I run into people who brag about how they walk 600s, only to make them look stupid when they realize the person on the bike probably started a couple gears too high or had absolutely no idea what they were doing. That's a solid 95% of the riders out there.

Ya I knew what you meant by it, haha. I have some friends that are the same way. Some of them are sitting around my power level and think they can take 600s, but I know better.

It is difficult to find a bike with a good rider and most of the time if they get beat its because of the rider and not the bike. I can beat most cruisers, but a 600+ crotchrocket I wont even try. Once I get new heads and add more boost then I may give it a go against a 600 just to see where I stand, but not until then.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
If you can get to the mid 500's range it's time to start looking. At that power level with a car of that weight you'll find some older 600's that you'll hang with or beat, and even some newer ones with riders that are ok but still need work. From my personal experience, though, it takes a solid 600+ to hang with one from first gear if the rider is good. Around 600rwhp you start hangin closer in first and second, then up at around 120ish you'll be coming back strong and go flyin by around 130-140 depending.

I have a friend who just finished up an F1 install on his Mach 1 and he was looking to run at some point. On race gas he's over 700, which I'll have nothing for, but on pump gas I think he's low 600's, which should be a good race. He'll get me up top for sure but the question will be how far I get out on him down low and how long it takes him to catch me (if I do). The nice thing about the bike is that I don't have to worry about hookin up like the big hp cars do. With that kind of power, traction is hard to come by with a 2WD car at lower speeds.

Agree with you! They just have a bad reputation. When I had my 01 Engine, I slightly beat what seemed to be a Green Kawasaki Ninja. Don't know if it was a 600 or the year. We started from 60 to 150-155 that's when I edge him. I knew he was still on it since I can still hear his exhaust as it was pretty loud. I knew there was no way at all I could've beaten him but somehow I still did.

My cousin owns an GSXR600 as well. He told me he raced a stock GT500, the 600 came slightly modified. GT500 hang with him pretty damn good to 110 or so. This is why people get pretty cocky against bikes. Don't how aggressive you have to rride the bike but I'm sure you have to push it to tthe limit to make it shine. I have remember seeing that bikes tend to fall flat around 120-130 especially 600's which is where cars seemed to always pass them at.

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
Why do idiots underestimate bikes? 600-650lbs with biker + 130++++ HP....vs any current gen Import Or Domestic car which ways over 3K lbs. people are just dumb lol.

SlowLNF

Established Member
Sounds like a Switzer E900 package on the GTR. Friend has a GTR with that package and had to same outcome when he ran my friends R6. Blew by the bike at 130ish.

SlowLNF

Established Member
Why do idiots underestimate bikes? 600-650lbs with biker + 130++++ HP....vs any current gen Import Or Domestic car which ways over 3K lbs. people are just dumb lol.

Bad riders. I've beat a hand full of 600's, but my friend who can actually ride pulls me fairly hard.

If a guy can't ride, a pullied Terminator could easily hang with or beat a liter bike.

19935.slow

Established Member
It's the 600 riders that give the bikes the bad rep, unfortunatly. I've beaten several for that reason, so I take the W when I can haha. But I know I beat the rider. Cool story! Enjoy your bike because if you've ever ridden an 09 gsxr you will have to buy it!

TheHitman™

Established Member
Bad riders. I've beat a hand full of 600's, but my friend who can actually ride pulls me fairly hard.

If a guy can't ride, a pullied Terminator could easily hang with or beat a liter bike.

If I had a liter bike and lost to a pullied Cobra I would commit suicide. You would have to be the worst bike rider in the world to lose or barely pull on a pullied Cobra.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member

LOL @ calling people dumb and talking about how much cars weigh and spelling it ways.

19935.slow

Established Member
If I had a liter bike and lost to a pullied Cobra I would commit suicide. You would have to be the worst bike rider in the world to lose or barely pull on a pullied Cobra.
Well a bikes the right place and time to commit suicide lol.

To psm, this is my buddies slip on 1000, 09 that is. He raced a good friend of mine, the viper. If you look on youtube it usually takes a full bolt on liter bike with some engine work to pull the vider, but look how the bike faired!

[ame=http://vimeo.com/13178336]Orlando's Turbo Viper vs 2009 GSX-R1000 on Vimeo[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread