Got to try out a 250cc Kart at Summit Point Last Wknd

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Pretty fun day. Spent 7 hours or so Karting. The 250's don't have as much top end as a shifter kart, but they were quite torquey. Really fun coming out of the corners.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFf0QI60DE"]‪250cc Karting @ Summit Point WV‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Make sure to watch in 1080p fullscreen or its kind of useless......

btw, the other karts in the video are the 12hp versions. I am on the 30hp Sodi.

Last edited:

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Damn that looks like fun! I wish we had something like that in NW florida. I havent seen anything local with karts that fast.

If you have a free weekend, make a trip down to south Florida and go to Homestead Karting. They are one of the few places in the country that allow people to hop right into full blown shifter Rotax Karts. 6 speed sequential, 75mph capable.

Here they are:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHyOSNn2lac&list=FLFZ1mWgSqZUU&index=1"]‪Onboard with Ricky Taylor at Homestead Karting Track‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Was thinking thee same thing. Road rash is for sure one of the worst pains! nothing like picking out gravel from under your skin!

Yea a little risky but it sure beats the heat. It was 93 alllll day. I went with a friend that day and on his last run he ended up T-boning a guy that had spun in one of the fastest turns of the course at about 45mph. He skidded accross the ground to a stop and had minimal cuts but he did fracture a rib from the initial impact. I had to call it a day due to heat exhaustion. Good training though!

94venomV8

Established Member
Driving without pants is crazy! I can't even believe they let you on the track. Coming from someone that grew up kart racing and my cousin now does it professionally, I can say I've seen my fair share of accidents but if you clipped a corner or other kart and fly out youo would regret it. Wearing pants in 93 degree heat isn't bad when you have a 70 mph wind on you the whole time driving. Better safe then sorry. And man I miss it so much after watching that. If you want a real rush you need to find a big oval track and go on a twin engine lay down cart. Your head is 6 inches off the road and they hit 100mph with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread