Got to see what My buddy just bought!!

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
Whassup guys, I am chilling in the hotel room at Fun Ford Weekend right this minute and my buddy just bought this car yesterday. Just in time for FFW!! Some of you might have seen it on corral. It is a 96 gt with a 96 cobra motor and drivetrain. Made 320 to the wheels and feels real good. It is a real sleeper in my eyes, because there is nothing that gives it away that a cobra is even present in this car until it gets up a goes. And might I add he got the steal of a life time on it. Just 20 miles on motor and drivetrain. The car does have some minor deffects but nothing to pass up the deal. well here are some pics. He has always been a GM (previously owning a 95 TA) but I think he really likes this mustang.............. Well here are some pics!
Dyno.jpg

crw10793iz.jpg

crw27527jq.jpg

crw27629im.jpg

img03438by.jpg

p10100781hv.jpg

StealthCobra

96 SVT
Established Member
Looks good. Doesnt it have some major problems though? (Thought the compression/leakdown showed some bad signs and it was ticking?)
Anyway, congrat your friend on the car. Hopefully its good to him.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Nice that is a sleeper. I'd be surprised if I saw the GT emblems and then it pulled like that.

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
StealthCobra said:
Looks good. Doesnt it have some major problems though? (Thought the compression/leakdown showed some bad signs and it was ticking?)
Anyway, congrat your friend on the car. Hopefully its good to him.

Yeah the car runs great, the guy had the car recently tested it himself and the last cylinders he tested the battery on the car was slowing go out and the tester did not have full power, but the car is definetly worth what he paid for it by far.

StealthCobra

96 SVT
Established Member
cgriff97cobra said:
Yeah the car runs great, the guy had the car recently tested it himself and the last cylinders he tested the battery on the car was slowing go out and the tester did not have full power, but the car is definetly worth what he paid for it by far.
Oh, okay great. Sweet car then, have fun with it!! :rockon:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
320rwhp on a mustang dyno is like 350 or more on a dynojet.

those numbers are SUSPECT

SVTVenom97

BlackVenom
Established Member
quadcammer said:
320rwhp on a mustang dyno is like 350 or more on a dynojet.

those numbers are SUSPECT

Umm, those numbers sound right to me. If he has all those bolt-ons, the longtubes, AND a tune. I would say its very believable to be at those numbers.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
uh, yeah 350rwhp is completely normal for a 98 cobra motor which puts about 270rwhp in stock form.

80rwhp with bolt ons?

sure thing chief

CY98Cobra

Established Member
These cars are lucky to put down 300 rwhp with all the bolt ons on a dynojet. So how is 320 on a mustang dyno very believable?

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
320 hp probably sae not corrected horsepower, and 80 hp from bolt ons I don't think so, I'm at 273 rwhp untuned N/A with alot of bolt ons, tested on a mustang dyno

Users who are viewing this thread