Got the wife a new daily...

mustang addict

Established Member
No, not an SVT. But still pretty cool IMO. LOL

She was getting close to 100K miles on her 530i (which was a FANTASTIC car btw) and quite frankly whatever my beautiful wife wants she can have, within reason. So....she wanted a new car.

Came down to this or a Navigator. I think she chose well.

2012JeepSRT8.jpg

Already removed all the Jeep badges and the goofy chrome "Grand Cherokee" lettering. Had the windows tinted for her and a clear bra put on the front and mirrors. Goes in next week for the chrome window trim and rear hatch lid trim to be painted flat black.

Overall, very very fun to drive. From a stoplight, it's a friggin' blast!! I've been yelled at by her and the kids twice. :shrug: There is a good bit of road (white) noise on the highway, definitely more than the X5 we used to own. The BMW had great steering at all speeds, this one has dull steering at low speeds but is quicker off center than the BMW at high speed. Nice job on that Jeep cause it feels really good at highway speeds. More stable than any SUV I've ever been in. The 19 speaker stereo system is quite frankly more than any white, 30 year old female needs but it does sound good. I absolutely love the exhaust note. Homerun on that one! Why in the world does Ford not make an SUV that sounds and runs like this?

We will see how it does. If it falls apart, I'll get on here and tell ya. If it turns out to be a decent ride...I'll tell ya that too. Stay tuned....

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Love those srt 8 jeeps !!! Good choice ..would Love to get the Same to my wife if I can only afford it lol so for know to keep the Toyota corolla xrs :/

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Wow, very nice and lucky to get your hands on one. I have been looking for one but all the dealers around her have none or want 10k over msrp for the one they have.All seem to be black pearl as well, i am looking for a mineral grey.

Last edited:

mustang addict

Established Member
The price tag was a little steep, but fortunately I only paid sticker. I contacted a couple of other dealers and they wanted $7500 or $10K over sticker. No way are they worth that.

1bad96,

I wanted her to get the maroon, but she liked the black. And like I said...she gets what she wants! LOL

DaBigBone

Established Member
The price tag was a little steep, but fortunately I only paid sticker. I contacted a couple of other dealers and they wanted $7500 or $10K over sticker. No way are they worth that.

1bad96,

I wanted her to get the maroon, but she liked the black. And like I said...she gets what she wants! LOL

Still paid too much IMO. Better options for the money.

Badass ride either way though. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread