Got the PS3 - some videos and pics for ya

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
new F1 vid

All the links are the same video. Megaupload and my site are 28mbs, better quality versions.

megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KGIGKQR6

my site: http://www.ikaz.net/f1montage.wmv

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAGiZ3vU2uQ

Let me just say for me it was well worth it. The PS3 on my 1080p sony xbr3 and surround sound is a dream for games and movies. Xmen 3, silent hill and talladega nights (which comes in the box) are the bluray movies ive watched so far. Picture is mindblowing.

As far as games: Resistance is THE multiplayer game. Dedicated servers, so no lag, and 40 player max support. Madden is great. Tiger woods is FANTASTIC!!!! Ridge Racer 7 is a little above average, and call of duty 3 is essentially the 360 version (which i also have). They also share the same shitty multiplayer ****ups. IMPOSSIBLE to get into a ranked match. Activisiona are ****ing retarded.

You guys HAVE to see this Formula 1 championship game in action. it's just a demo, the game is coming out in december in japan and i think march here in the U.S. It is the best looking next-gen game I have ever seen.

Online system is good, but xbox live is clearly superior. Hopefully sony will fix some things. The features that work work well, the problem is missing features. web browser is responsive and works well. Plugged in a keyboard and logitech laser mouse, both worked immediately.

Ran it for about 19 hours on saturday. No problems. Also, this battery in the controller is...extraterrestrial. 20 minutes being plugged in when i first setup the PS3, now has seen over 20 hours of gameplay and still has 2 out of 3 battery bars left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are all gameplay vids. No trailers here.

Also, motion sensing can be used in motorstorm. It kicks ass for the trucks. Impossible to use for the bikes. Also is used in the blast factor demo.

Megaupload vids (better quality than youtube)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T62HWTHB - montage (motorstorm demo, blast factor arcade game, CC&C arcade game, web browser, interface)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GXAVABEI - resistance multiplayer/weapons showcase

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZHBGK2J8 - F1!!!!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M11FG0GM - Calling All Cars arcade game trailer!!

Youtube vids - all the vids above plus Resistance tank footage and singleplayer footage that i didnt put on megaupload

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=photekxl

pics:

http://community.webshots.com/user/photekxl

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
Did i mention how amazing Formula 1 championship is????? I have to get a wheel/pedal set for this game when it comes out.

Forcefed - Yea man march is when the exclusives and the great multiplatform titles start coming out.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
:rockon:

Thanks for your own review. So tell us, which do you prefer?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
Did i mention how amazing Formula 1 championship is????? I have to get a wheel/pedal set for this game when it comes out.

Forcefed - Yea man march is when the exclusives and the great multiplatform titles start coming out.

Yeah I was going to get here one for christmas but I figured I would wait until things slowed down and more games were out. I hated not having many games for my 360 at first.

Plus I want to see if there are any problems. I got lucky and havent had any problems with my early run 360.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
:rockon:

Thanks for your own review. So tell us, which do you prefer?

console looks - PS3. I don't see how ANYONE prefers the 360s looks. It's flat, white, plastic. The face looks like a one eyed clown.

inputs/expansion - About equal. In the case of the ipod...the 360 does a better job of arranging the music. Also, custom soundtracks do work on the PS3, but only with music that is stored on the hard drive. However, being able to plug in keyboard, mouse, and use bluetooth versions of these things is great.

games - right now 360, for obvious reasons. The combo of Gears and Splinter Cell 4 is better than any combo the PS3 has.

multiplayer - have spent more time playing resistance multiplayer than any 360 game ive ever owned. It's unbeatable!!!

online - 360. Like i said in the first post features that PS3 has work well. You can't join friends' game sessions, although you can see what game they are playing. Everything else..friends list, messages, being able to send images works well, and notifications of friends signing on or receiving messages, works. PS3 also has the web browser. The online store is just as good as marketplace, but you can't navigate while you're downloading shit. You have to let the download finish.

Demos/arcade games - F1 and motorstorm demos have seen more play by me than any 360 demo ive downloaded. As far as arcade games, blast factor is AWESOME, but 360 wins smply because of selection.

interface - most people who complain about the ps3 interface have never used it. It's intuitive, effective, and looks great. you can't change backgrounds. But everything else is there.

Controller - wish the ps3 one was heavier but at least it doesnt die every 6 hours and require 2 more AA batteries. Seriously that shit is ridiculous. The ps3 controller has been working for 20-something hours and still going strong. Also sync a lot faster on startup. HAs motion sensing which is actually very accurate.

Plus, PS3 has bluray. Im picking up an hd-dvd drive but it's annoying having to buy an external drive, especially since it's another 150-200 bucks.

Overall - The 360 is the clear choice if you dont have either of the consoles and want something with a selection of games and online content and also dont plan on watching bluray in 1080p. It's also less. However, I think within 6 months the PS3s value will drastically improve. Plus, having gone through youtube and the xbox.com forums plus considering that this is my 2nd xbox (first one died about 4 months after i got it) i am actually MORE worried about this 2nd xbox dying than my PS3 dying. Knock on wood.

forgot to mention:

This thing is almost silent running. Really surprised me. Even when a bluray disc spins. If your tv is audible to you, you wont hear the PS3. this compared to the 360, which always sounds like it's trying to ****ing take off.

Also after 19 hours on with a 40 min break at about the 8 hour mark, the whole top, curved part of the PS3 is room temperature. The sides are warm, and the back where the power supply is hot. But this seems normal.

Last edited:

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Hells yeah!! I read about the Formula One game!! It looked f*cking sweet!! Now I could reverse that engine failure of Michael and win the World Championship lol

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
edit: im an idiot. you CAN see when your friends sign on and when you get messages while playing games.

still, you can't join their game sessions, only see what they're playing. needs to be fixed.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
console looks - PS3. I don't see how ANYONE prefers the 360s looks. It's flat, white, plastic. The face looks like a one eyed clown.

multiplayer - have spent more time playing resistance multiplayer than any 360 game ive ever owned. It's unbeatable!!!

Demos/arcade games - F1 and motorstorm demos have seen more play by me than any 360 demo ive downloaded. As far as arcade games, blast factor is AWESOME, but 360 wins smply because of selection.

interface - most people who complain about the ps3 interface have never used it. It's intuitive, effective, and looks great. you can't change backgrounds. But everything else is there.

Controller - wish the ps3 one was heavier but at least it doesnt die every 6 hours and require 2 more AA batteries. Seriously that shit is ridiculous. The ps3 controller has been working for 20-something hours and still going strong. Also sync a lot faster on startup. HAs motion sensing which is actually very accurate.

Plus, PS3 has bluray. Im picking up an hd-dvd drive but it's annoying having to buy an external drive, especially since it's another 150-200 bucks.

forgot to mention:
I agree with some of those views except....

I think the Xbox360 looks better, the PS3 is huge and looks like a big black forman grill...but that is just my opinion.

Interface - No contest 360 wins. PS3 uses one simular to the PSP which I don't like.

Controller Xbox360, PS3 feels cheap and no rumble I would rather have rumble over axis. I use XBOX360 rechargable batteries in my controller and it last a good 10 hours. Remember rumble shortens the battery life.

Right now PS3 is not worth it in about 6-8 months it may be. As is stands most cross platform games are better on the Xbox360 see IGN.com.

Most of this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
edit: im an idiot. you CAN see when your friends sign on and when you get messages while playing games.

still, you can't join their game sessions, only see what they're playing. needs to be fixed.

Huh?, can't join? I do it all the time.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
TrueBlue'01GT said:
I think the Xbox360 looks better, the PS3 is huge and looks like a big black forman grill...but that is just my opinion.

Give the PS3 a year then compare

Raven519

Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
Give the PS3 a year then compare

he was referring to the actual console casing...

i think the PS3 looks 1000x's better cause its not a bland white box...xbox would look much better if it was black..lol

i;m convinced though i;m selling my xbox360 to buy a PS3...

Users who are viewing this thread