Got the prochamber on...a little dissapointed.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Well I got my mac prochamber on today. And it's not quite what I expected. The sound is a little deeper but it really just rumbles more. It's not really louder at all. And I have read anywhere from 10-22 horsepower gains from various sources but I don't really feel much difference. I kept the stock mufflers and am hoping that is the problem. Is it possible that it's leaking? I thought that might be it. I'm thinking of ordering some flowmasters or maybe even the illegal route and buying some dynomax bullits. Any ideas?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
It must be your stock mufflers. I have the MAC cat back as well and it's loud as hell. Not quite as loud as a regular off road H, but the prochamber delivers better performance. I felt a pretty decent power surge above 4000rpm. Below that range I couldn't tell a difference at all in power. Before the prochamber, SVT Contours could hang right with me at highway speeds, but now I just walk away.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
thanks for the help joel. so you think i should get the mac catback? i'm going to get something this week(happy easter me:D ) and i think i'll probably get that one. should i get the 2.5 inch or the 3 inch system? will the 3" catback even work with the prochamber? thanks.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I think you should go ahead and get the 2.5 inch. . That's what I got and it's fine. If you go 3" you might loose a little low end torque. Once you put those mufflers on you'll notice a big increase in sound. I did mine the opposite way you did. I went cat back first, then about four months later I got the Prochamber. Just putting the cat back on made it way louder, even with the all the cats still on.

Like some people said, exhaust is mainly for sound, don't expect TOO much performance gain from it. It definitely livens it up, but not like a supercharger or something.

Do you still have the stock 3.27? I've been thinking about going to 3.73 later this summer. My first step is the headswap though.

Good luck and definitely keep us informed!:D

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
yeah i still have the stock gear but i've got frpp 4:10's and an installation kit just lying around here. for about 2 months now and they're supposed to go in this weekend if time and weather permit such adventure.:-D i was thinking more gear but a blower isn't out of the question if the new cobra comes out to steep for me. have to wait and see.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Yeah the gears will definitely help. Have you ever ran yours at the track?

You could also replace your stock heads/cams/intake with the stage 2 and 3 SHM offerings for less than the cost of a supercharger with similar or even less cost. So you might want to consider that also.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
i haven't been to the track yet. i really don't think there is even a drag strip within 200 miles of me. i have considered a new head package and havenn't really decided anything yet. like i said.i'm hoping the nnew 03 cobra comes in a little less than the rumors but that doesn't look good. plus i really don't like independent rear suspensions inn high powered cars. i know the new edge cobra owners swear by it but it's not for me. i'd just break halfshafts way too often.

Users who are viewing this thread