Got the power, need help with suspension and handling

cobracide

Established Member
I forgot to add the B.F. R. Diff. Brace and a Rear Diff. Flush and Fill at the same time. The Front Bump-steer kit and Alum. Steering Bushings really balanced the car out on the Freeway and in high-speed sweepers. Very happy with the results

Got an LPW Differential Cover, thanks for the bumpsteer/alum front bushing tips!

Last edited:

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
Coil Overs FTW~! Find someone in your area with a coil over setup and go for a

ride...its amazing! And to top it off with ultimate adjustability...

+1 MM makes great products.

cobracide

Established Member
From all the comments I guess it's down to two choices. To coil over or to not coil over. The conventional non-coil over suspension may give me the balance I need and is definately cheaper. Going the coil over is $1600+ and is top of the line. Seeing as I'm not a super autocross corner carver yet, trying out some simple mods one at a time to address any issues seems logical.

Anyone have something like the MM starter box, MM FLSFC's with Bruce's bushings?

1999-04 Mustang Cobra convertible Starter Box includes:
•H&R Race Springs
•MM Caster/Camber Plates (select Black or Chrome finish option)
•2 Bilstein Struts
•2 Bilstein Shocks
•Front and Rear Urethane Spring Isolators

If this doesn't do the job I can always go to a CO conversion, right?

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
From all the comments I guess it's down to two choices. To coil over or to not coil over. The conventional non-coil over suspension may give me the balance I need and is definately cheaper. Going the coil over is $1600+ and is top of the line. Seeing as I'm not a super autocross corner carver yet, trying out some simple mods one at a time to address any issues seems logical.

Anyone have something like the MM starter box, MM FLSFC's with Bruce's bushings?

1999-04 Mustang Cobra convertible Starter Box includes:
•H&R Race Springs
•MM Caster/Camber Plates (select Black or Chrome finish option)
•2 Bilstein Struts
•2 Bilstein Shocks
•Front and Rear Urethane Spring Isolators

If this doesn't do the job I can always go to a CO conversion, right?

yes but then you would be spending money on springs and then coil overs.

I don't auto-x and I wouldn't have it any other way. car tears through the exit

and on ramps like never before with the coil overs! I love the feel...

Last edited:

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
and a side not....Bilsteins are GREAT! BUT I run the Koni double adjustables...GREAT

Shock/Strut combo...and easily adjustable. something else to look into.

cobracide

Established Member
and a side not....Bilsteins are GREAT! BUT I run the Koni double adjustables...GREAT

Shock/Strut combo...and easily adjustable. something else to look into.

An MM package with Koni or Blisten shocks and MM caster camber plates definitely! What kind of spring rates are you running with your CO's Brian?

You guys are really making it tough to decide on which way to go. I am taking meticulous notes for both setups.

Last edited:

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
im running 375 and 600. I LOVE the ride...its like it has a suction to the road. wish

you were closer Id give you a ride! CO's have a very different "feel" than the traditional

shock/strut/spring setup.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Checked out the MM coil over package (COP-53) for $1,600. Wow, looks impressive and expensive. I'll see what I can find out about that over at corner-carvers. This may be what I was looking for. Whom did your install of the coil over kit? Any clearance or noise issues? Thanks again Jesse!

I think I payed right over $1,500 for mine and that included the C/C plates. I bought my C/O kit from stangsuspension.com, but they have since gone out of business.

My C/O's rubbed slightly on the front left strut tower when I first had them install, but the shop I use didn't clear the strut towers as they didn't want to unless they had to as that intail grinding and clearing in the strut towers. They went back and did a slight adjustment with the C/C plates and they now clear fine.

I use and highly recommend Dave at Macon Moore Performance(MMP) in Sumter right by Shaw AFB. Dave works on all American cars, and has built some badass Terminators and other Mustangs. He's the one who convinced me to start using Pro-Dyno. He owns a SY 04 that he made over 600 whp on Pro-Dyno's dyno on boost alone with a Eaton. He also totally rebuilt a blackTerminator vert that had been abused really bad with a blown up motor that wasn't bought out a salvage yard or something, and now that car makes 735 whp with a W140AX at 18 PSI. Daves into all that hand porting his heads, and having custome ground cams made up and all that stuff.

Another thing about Dave is he's a really big advocate of the Cobra's IRS. That black vert(they nicknamed it the Mamba) actually had a SRA swap done to it, and he took the the SRA out and bought a used IRS, built it and through it back in that Cobra. He installed my IRS bushings when he did the C/O, and he corner balanced the car afterwards and everything

Here is his website. Its about a 2 hour drive from Charlotte.
Macon-Moore Performance - Sumter, SC

I just like going down there to shoot the shit with him, and look at cars. There's always some badass stuff down there.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Great, I'll keep MMP in mind no matter what I do. As long as MMP doesn't mind drilling out a crapload of bushings. : )

Let me ask you CO guys this - do you have any 60' times so I can get an idea of how it launches? I know it's all in the setup and what not but just to get an idea. Also what did it take to get your suspension "dialed in".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread