Got the NT05R's Mounted Up!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Cant' wait to get to the track tomorrow night! So far these tires rock. Went with 315/35/20. I know performance on the street doesn't very often translate to the track but finally the car dead hooks in 2nd which is a good thing. Also, very impressed with their street manners. Haven't attempted any twisties or anything like that, but they feel great and exactly like my Invos do, no way to tell there are DRs out back....

20120821_175508.jpg

20120821_175006.jpg

20120821_175600.jpg

sncbluegt

Established Member
I'll see ya there tomorrow night..they seem to work great on the red z06..
Btw you are now my guinea pig :)

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
I'm going to try and get down there tomorrow night. So what kind of pressure do you run in a 20" drag radial at the track?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I'll see ya there tomorrow night..they seem to work great on the red z06..
Btw you are now my guinea pig :)
Guinea pig eh? Doesn't he have a gopro setup too? Would love to talk him into taking a vid!

Is your car an MT82 or an auto?
MT82

I'm going to try and get down there tomorrow night. So what kind of pressure do you run in a 20" drag radial at the track?

Probably start at 18lbs or so....

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I've got a go pro hd with suction mount.. if the power comes back on soon (long story) I'll go dig it up

RFM50

Established Member
Please let us know how well these tires hookup on launch with the mt82. I will be real interested to hear what rpm you are able to launch at.

2012GTCS

Established Member
nice, any shots from the rear? Love to see how meaty they look. Hm id like to get them but I inly have 19x9.5" wheel. So 315 out the window, dont think they make a 275-295 in 19"

Teej281

Established Member
Looks like you need to take some pressure out of those tires. Get that full patch down on the ground so that you can get full effect of the grip!

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Those tires handled just fine in the rain when I had them on my lightning

They did OK on my L too.
On my Mustang they get loose in the rain.
I was driving back from the dyno and it started to rain. I was doing 65 on I95, not accelerating or braking. The car all of the sudden started to get sideways. I saved it, slowed to 40 and got off at the next exit. I had to keep it under 40 to keep the rear end from coming loose.

Zacharyx

Established Member
They did OK on my L too.
On my Mustang they get loose in the rain.
I was driving back from the dyno and it started to rain. I was doing 65 on I95, not accelerating or braking. The car all of the sudden started to get sideways. I saved it, slowed to 40 and got off at the next exit. I had to keep it under 40 to keep the rear end from coming loose.

any 315 makes my car difficult in heavy rain

sncbluegt

Established Member
Guinea pig eh? Doesn't he have a gopro setup too? Would love to talk him into taking a vid!

MT82

Probably start at 18lbs or so....

Heck yea :) ! I've been wondering first hand how those tires do. Too bad t&t got cancelled tonight but next time we all go out there I'm sure he wouldn't mind lending you the go pro

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Lemme know your best 60' time, Best i could get is a 1.896
Out of the 315/35/20 NT-05's... But then again I am new to driving stick and that was my 6th pass ever drag racing

Users who are viewing this thread