Got the new tranny in, now problems!!

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Well i ut my new or supposedly new tranny in. All went well and the guy gave me a b&m short shifter too. Not the best i know but at least its something. Anyways i filled her up this morning with fluids and took it out. Under normal shifting its fine, but when i try to power shift it in second and fourth it grinds a little but goes into gear.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
You may have the shifter mis-adjusted....

Try backing the bolt out a bit and let the shifter have a bit more throw.

If that doesnt work, sounds like you got a jacked up trans..

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Its the t45. You think i should runa a thicker oil? Im running the regular Mercon stuff.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Keep the Mecron but add a bottle of friction modifier to it. Mine used to grind in second and third when it was cold and the local Ford mechanic that does all manual trans work recommended it and it got rid of the grinding.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
so i adjusted the shifter and it still grinds in second and forth and reverse only when powershifting. I still have not tried any friction modifier, but could there be any other reasons why its only grinding while powershifting and only in those gears. Im thinking i used a slick tranny fluid and it only really grinds when its cold so the syncros are not grabbing like they should. But i could be wrong.

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
So did you figure out if you got screwed. If you don't mind me asking where did you get the tranny?

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
you power shift into reverse????? dang....lol

get the friction modifier, see what it does. that stuff can work wonders

Users who are viewing this thread