Got the cobra tuned finally

epracmetcon

Established Member
Been a long battle of getting it back together in time to get it strapped down, but I finally got it on the dyno yesterday. Peak motor hp of 273rwhp, 403 on 150 shot. Numbers sound low, but the car ran with less jetting with cars with WAY more power then this. Well see what it does at the track in a few weeks.

Anywho, onto the vid.

[youtube_browser]0cyPLRcIUe4[/youtube_browser]

goat-ee

Established Member
Sounds wicked and you may think 403rwhp sounds low, but that thing will be a beast on the street or strip. I would imagine in the 11's with all else being right and the driver mod!! Congrats!!!

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
haha same numbers as my old cars set up, 273/275 and 403 /453 on a 150 shot untuned on a mustang dyno. needed 4.30 gears on 28" slicks for high 10's. ran 12 flat on 28's with 3.73 and shifting 200 ft before the end. hell of a ride on the bottle.

epracmetcon

Established Member
Sounds wicked and you may think 403rwhp sounds low, but that thing will be a beast on the street or strip. I would imagine in the 11's with all else being right and the driver mod!! Congrats!!!

Thanks! I haven't really let it rip yet because of a new clutch..It ran with my buddies mach that made 400rwhp through an auto that went 11.50's back when it only had an x-pipe and 100shot

haha same numbers as my old cars set up, 273/275 and 403 /453 on a 150 shot untuned on a mustang dyno. needed 4.30 gears on 28" slicks for high 10's. ran 12 flat on 28's with 3.73 and shifting 200 ft before the end. hell of a ride on the bottle.

I've got 4.56's and 28's..should rip, I am shooting for 11.0's..and if we hit that, were gunna throw some race gas in it and let it rip on the 175 hit.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Wow, I missed this thread. Found it when I was doing a search lol. How much timing did you pull for the 150 shot? What's your A/F ratio look like? Looks like it goes rich on the hit?

Props for stepping up the hit!

epracmetcon

Established Member
Wow, I missed this thread. Found it when I was doing a search lol. How much timing did you pull for the 150 shot? What's your A/F ratio look like? Looks like it goes rich on the hit?

Props for stepping up the hit!

We pulled 8 degrees of timing to be on the safe side. I forget what the a/f was exactly, I am at work right now..lol. It was good, it did go a little rich on the initial hit but never got anywhere close to being lean.

Haha thanks! It picked up 143rwhp on the 150hit. Made 260 with 8 degrees of timing pulled. 403 on spray. If it holds up ok at the track were gunna splash some race gas in it and put the 175 pills in it. Motors got almost 100k miles on it and LOVES the spray. :bash:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
We pulled 8 degrees of timing to be on the safe side. I forget what the a/f was exactly, I am at work right now..lol. It was good, it did go a little rich on the initial hit but never got anywhere close to being lean.

Haha thanks! It picked up 143rwhp on the 150hit. Made 260 with 8 degrees of timing pulled. 403 on spray. If it holds up ok at the track were gunna splash some race gas in it and put the 175 pills in it. Motors got almost 100k miles on it and LOVES the spray. :bash:

lol nice. 260 is only an 18 hp drop with all that timing pulled? That's not as bad as I would have thought. Why the :bash: after saying if loves the spray? haha because you hate filling the bottle or what? How many bottles have you put through it?

epracmetcon

Established Member
lol nice. 260 is only an 18 hp drop with all that timing pulled? That's not as bad as I would have thought. Why the :bash: after saying if loves the spray? haha because you hate filling the bottle or what? How many bottles have you put through it?

Haha no, clicked the wrong one and was too lazy to edit it. Meant to put ;-)

I've probably put 30 bottles through it on 100 shot. Now that the clutch/gears seem to be getting broke in, I plan on making a few test hits on the street this weekend.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
hell ya, 30 bottles is what I'm talking about haha. Glad to hear that!

Users who are viewing this thread