got the car tuned by Justin (VMP)

tombo9876

Established Member
Went to MIR for the NMRA Nationals on Friday. Met some cool guys (Zach, Garrett, and someone with a mystichrome cobra, I forget your name dude!) Got my car tuned by Justin on the dyno. Car has JLT cold air intake, mangaflow x pipe, and magnaflow catback. That's it, as far as performance engine mods. I have some suspension work as well. I went in with a Jon Lund tune, which ended up being pretty damn close to perfect! Here is a pic of the dyno chart.

before:
467hp/440tq
~12 afr

after:
473hp/448tq
~12 afr

I was very surprised! I need fuel pumps before I do anything else, my duty cycle was pretty much maxed out.

pCRfN5x.jpg

tombo9876

Established Member
stock pulley! you can see on the chart, i was sitting around 9psi. and yea, i will def. address the fuel next

bad93svt

Established Member
I trust Justin. .great tuner..great drivability..and good power..

Enjoy

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
473rwhp on stock pulley?????? This must be the happiest dyno in town. You approaching pulley and ported numbers there.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Sorry but those are super high for no pulley and no port. But, if it makes you happy and runs what it says at the track, then i would be happy too. Also certain rpms, that 12 or over 12 AF ratio would scare me.

tombo9876

Established Member
Car runs great, drives great. I'm not worried about the afr, its safe enough for me. I think it is a generous dyno though. I've only run a 7.7 @ 93mph in the eighth with a 1.76 60', but I only go three times a year

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Talk about your factory freaks, those are some amazing numbers for a relatively stock motor. ET's may tell a different story.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol thats more hp than my 2.8 pulley with close to 13.5psi of boost. I say op needs to race a pullied cobra from a 40mph roll and see what happens. I had my fpdc maxed as my car sits, so I installed a bap. Your a/f is to lean for my liking and your maxing out your pumps already. A little bad gas or clogged fuel filter and your asking for trouble. Congrats either way!

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Did you have a mail order tune from Lund Racing? If so thats pretty impressive he was able to get the car that close to being dialed in.

tombo9876

Established Member
Yep mail order tune from lethal, and I was just as impressed after seeing how close it was to the dynotune! Honestly it doesn't feel like it has the power that the dyno said it did. I think my 1/8th times put me closer to 450 range

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Yep mail order tune from lethal, and I was just as impressed after seeing how close it was to the dynotune! Honestly it doesn't feel like it has the power that the dyno said it did. I think my 1/8th times put me closer to 450 range

450whp would be upper pulley numbers.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

tombo9876

Established Member
Well I don't have an upper pulley. I'm just basing that off of what I ran in the eighth (trap speed)

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have had my car on Justin's dyno many many times.
It is not a "happy" dyno as some has mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread