Got the car dropped, de-spoiled, and wheel'd up

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Well since this weekend's weather was a bit nicer than the last, got out early this morning and cut the springs, painted the calipers, took of the spoiler, and threw on the Saleens. Let me know whatcha think :banana:

The car rides great. Cut 1 coil up front and 3/4 out back and took out all the isolators.
DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

Sorry for the night pictures, ran outta daylight.

Next up, shifter, LED taglights, and HID Fogs.

And I also ordered a set of 01+ headlights today that should be here by the end of the week.

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
now you just need a 1967eleanor spoiler, after all it was originally designed for a rio red 99.

ayo232

Established Member
Looks good. I hate how red fades and makes the side scoops look nasty and discolored.. but yours don't look bad like others I've seen

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
It looks much better, but still could be a little lower. :p

Haha I agree. If I do, I'll take a bit outta the front. But I really enjoy not having to worry about steep driveways or speedbumps. My GT was a pain in the you know what to drive around town, I'm kinda enjoying this carefree thing haha :banana:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Very nice!! I've always preferred the 18" '03 Cobra's over the Saleens, but the silver Saleens look really good.. Along with 1967eleanor Rio Red New Edge that's about the nicest red snake around. Ironically, the spoilerless look is perfect on that car. I wouldn't change a thing. Stance is perfect...lower is too slammed. Did you upgrade dampers yet? You're done. :beer:

Last edited:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Very nice!! I've always preferred the 18" '03 Cobra's over the Saleens, but the silver Saleens look really good.. Along with 1967eleanor Rio Red New Edge that's about the nicest red snake around. Ironically, the spoilerless look is perfect on that car. I wouldn't change a thing. Stance is perfect...lower is too slammed. Did you upgrade dampers yet? You're done. :beer:

Thats quite a compliment. Thank you sir. I do beleive Predator is in the class as well. Thanks for the compliment. I think the only other thing I will do is possible an 01 Cobra bumper to to get the "Cobra" on the back. and some 03/04 mirrors. That, paired with the 01+ headlights, and I think it'll look great. Then it's just on to things you don't see, but you can feel and hear haha.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Looks good with the Saleen's:beer: Are you going to put a spoiler/wing back on?

Im not sure. If I do it'll be an 03/04 but that's only if I get one for a good deal. I'm diggin the wingless style at the moment but I may change my mind down the road.

matt87

Established Member
where did you get the 01 lights from? i just installed my new oem 01 lights from tousley ford and hi lo hids.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
where did you get the 01 lights from? i just installed my new oem 01 lights from tousley ford and hi lo hids.

From the market section haha. With my GT I bought some lights from Mustangs Unlimited and within a week they had condensated on the inside, even after I put silicon on them. So this time I just bought some used, but in great condition lights from an 04 GT that I know won't condensate in a week haha.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Looks really nice. I like the drop and spoilerless look. Waiting to see a front angle shot.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
KaNolton...you're right PredatorBird's got a great looking NE, too. Black tint compliments black wheels really well. On your's the wingless look is perfect...wouldn't go back. Rest of your proposed mods would be icing on the cake. The lightweight look you've got is what the New Edge is all about and IMHO is what distinguishes it from the Terminator. I wouldn't even put a front lip on that (Mach 1 or Terminator). No room for black plastic on that car...hence, painted '03 mirrors are great idea... plus Cobra on back bumper. If you aren't runnng a front license plate and don't have to...that will finish the look. No plate makes a world of difference to look of the front.

Interesting thing about silver wheels is they look "beefier" than their chrome cousins. The reflective chrome has a slimming effect. This is really apparent when you compare silver vs. chrome 2K Cobra R wheels. Silver looks best in those as well...I think. In chrome I like the heavier spoke look of the 18" '03 Cobras....as many others do considering the renewed interest in AFS chromies. The silver 2K Cobra R's and Saleens have a no-nonsense/racer/magnesium feel to them. Do you have 9" or 10" on the back?

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
KaNolton...you're right PredatorBird's got a great looking NE, too. Black tint compliments black wheels really well. On your's the wingless look is perfect...wouldn't go back. Rest of your proposed mods would be icing on the cake. The lightweight look you've got is what the New Edge is all about and IMHO is what distinguishes it from the Terminator. I wouldn't even put a front lip on that (Mach 1 or Terminator). No room for black plastic on that car...hence, painted '03 mirrors are great idea... plus Cobra on back bumper. If you aren't runnng a front license plate and don't have to...that will finish the look. No plate makes a world of difference to look of the front.

Interesting thing about silver wheels is they look "beefier" than their chrome cousins. The reflective chrome has a slimming effect. This is really apparent when you compare silver vs. chrome 2K Cobra R wheels. Silver looks best in those as well...I think. In chrome I like the heavier spoke look of the 18" '03 Cobras....as many others do considering the renewed interest in AFS chromies. The silver 2K Cobra R's and Saleens have a no-nonsense/racer/magnesium feel to them. Do you have 9" or 10" on the back?

Right now I'm running 18X9's all the way around. And that's only becuase I got a killer deal on a set. ($400 with tires) That I just couldn't pass up. I will probably get some 10's out back and right like 315.

Looks real good man! I think the drop is just about "perfect".

I might have to give the wingless approach a try!!!

:beer: Give it a shot, its only 4 bolts. If ya don't like it, throw it back on

Looks great!

Thanks man!

Sny714

Established Member
I think the stance is perfect. Im sorta going for that stance. Right now my car is too low for me and not a pleasure to drive everyday which I shouldnt be doing since I have a DD anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread