Got the car back today

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Had it over Chicken's Customs for a little body work. Needed a bumper cover, tail light, little wrinkle behind the light straightened out, and paint the rear quarter.

They also removed the Rizzo Ford decal from above the blue oval and buffed out a couple of cat scratches from the other rear quarter. They did a nice job and are very reasonable. Recomended. Thanks to Jake for the heads up on these guys. :coolman:

Spoke to them about welding in the SFC's, will probably have them done in a couple a few weeks. Also mentioned that I might want to get some Bullit side scoops and have them painted and installed, Paul said "do you mean some like these?" It seems Jake has a couple over there already and they just finished painting them up, looks good.

Just about time to hit Dave or Ernie (maybe both) up with a little suds bribe on a pulley tool rental and consulting. :beer:

John

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
John, I never read that you had some body damage to your Cobra.
Sorry to hear about that,but glad you are happy with the repair.
Are you going to weld in a roll bar this year?
Ken

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
KenCobra03 said:
John, I never read that you had some body damage to your Cobra.
Sorry to hear about that,but glad you are happy with the repair.
Are you going to weld in a roll bar this year?
Ken

I think I mentioned it way back when. It happened at the DreamCruise in MI last August. It was minor damage and it was considered a 50/50 at fault. They have no-fault insurance out there and I have a large deductable so I wasn't in a big hurry to get it fixed.

As far as a roll bar goes, it ain't gonna happen. Take a nice pretty 'vert and put a rollercoaster frame in it? :xpl: I don't like the way they look and I don't want to have everyone that rides in the car have to where a harness and a helmet so they don't bang their head off it if an accident happens. :bash: I'd like to be able to go to the track with you guys once in a while but I don't want to go through that to do it. Guess I'll have to just putz down the track at a time and speed that won't get me tossed if I go. :shrug:

Ernie, I'm just about ready. Give me some more weather like this to get the rest of the snow out of here and I'm all set. How do you want to do it? Want me to just borrow it or you want to assist? Over here or at your place? Or do you want to have Dave come out and watch him do it while we watch and give instuctions? :D

Anybody want to take bets when we'll have ice out on Lake Quinsigamond?

John

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
Ernie, I'm just about ready. Give me some more weather like this to get the rest of the snow out of here and I'm all set. How do you want to do it? Want me to just borrow it or you want to assist? Over here or at your place? Or do you want to have Dave come out and watch him do it while we watch and give instuctions? :D

Anybody want to take bets when we'll have ice out on Lake Quinsigamond?

John[/QUOTE]

John
Anyway you want buddy,I can assist,we can watch Dave while we put down some Brews and supervise my place is ready to go anytime just PM me with a date so I can be ready and it would be good to have Dave up here also.I took the snake out today and it felt really nice
Ernie

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
Davesnake said:
I have a better idea.....you guys can get your hands dirty while I supervise AND drink your beer.

Dave
Works for me Dave :D lets plan doing at my place and go from there.John,your thoughts?? :beer: :beer: :beer:
Ernie

Last edited:

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Sounds good. :coolman: Maybe the weekend after this one? Got a family get together/diner planned for Easter and father in law is coming down sat and staying here.

John

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
Sat. and Sunday April 2 or 3 are open for me right now.Pick a day and we'll start early so we can play after.Dave chime in if you read this.
Ernie

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
One of those days should work OK. I might need a day or two to figure out which one is best though. I've got sucked in as a little league coach this year and we're already facing our first crisis. We're short on #'s of kids and there's a raging debate about bringing up 9 year olds, we had a meeting last night about it and stood around for close to 3 hours while the long time members filibustered their points and never got anything decided. We now have to poll the parents of the 9 year olds to see if and how many of the kids and parents are for it, have another round of tryouts if they are, see if that gives us enough to make the 6 teams we had or go with 5, and postpone our draft until this is settled. I should get a call within the next 48 hours with the results and schedule of when things are going to happen. :shrug:

John

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
hey John...glad you had a good experience with Matt, Paul and crew!!! I have known them for a few years...good guys and Matt does AWESOME work!! he did my subs by the way too so he has practice...

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
hey John...glad you had a good experience with Matt, Paul and crew!!! I have known them for a few years...good guys and Matt does AWESOME work!! he did my subs by the way too so he has practice...

Paul told me they did yours and the roll bars Matt's welding into Pauls Camaro look top notch. I'll probably have them done once the ground dries up and the snow goes away. It's almost like a mud bog over there now and the pot holes are something else.

John

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
FastFwd said:
Paul told me they did yours and the roll bars Matt's welding into Pauls Camaro look top notch. I'll probably have them done once the ground dries up and the snow goes away. It's almost like a mud bog over there now and the pot holes are something else.

John

yea..pauls car should be sick..Matt built the whole twin turbo setup in his car basically by hand...hopefully can get my scoops this week!

KenCobra03

Established Member
John what pulley are you considering putting on ?

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
KenCobra03 said:
John what pulley are you considering putting on ?

Ken, I bought three, a stock 3.65, a 3.4 and a 2.76 black billetflow. I'll probably run the stock or 3.4 for the time being until I can get to the dyno and check out where the tune is for the 2.76 on the Predator.

Ernie, Saturday looks OK for me so far. No hecklers joining the party?

John

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
John
Everyone is invited to the Mod party that wants to show up and I hope some chime in.Saturday it is then just let me know and I will post directions to the house,about 7 minutes for you, or call me
Ernie

KenCobra03

Established Member
Z-COBRA said:
John
Everyone is invited to the Mod party that wants to show up and I hope some chime in.Saturday it is then just let me know and I will post directions to the house,about 7 minutes for you, or call me
Ernie

Hey guys, I would like to be there to observe or whatever. I want to see
how a pulley is installed. All I have done on my '03 Cobra is a catback
install, install a new air filter system and change the oil and filter.
I think it's great to be able to see new installs done.
You guys are talking Saturday, April 2nd correct?
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread