Got some work done to the Cobra

01 Venom

Established Member
Took the car down to MI Performance, I had MM XL Full length sub frame connectors welded in, they also took my drive shaft loop and made some nice pieces and welded it directly to the sub frame connectors. They also welded in IRS mounting point braces.

I drove the car home, I def feel that the car is more solid, its manners are better, and doesn't have many of the squeaks and groans it had over rough roads.

I beat it up a little bit, it was a little tough, it was cold and it was spinning the tires pretty good. It did feel a little better planted.

Over all def worth it, been a long time coming and I am sure my vert will benefit.

dec322

Established Member
It is funny to me that you have all that stuff on your car and have just now installed the subframe connectors. I can't wait to do it to my car.

I watched the video in your signature. Very Very Nice!

99cob

"New Edger".still pimpin!
Established Member
Do the MM XL sub frame connectors sit flush with the bottom of the car?...thinking about getting those! how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking?

99cob

"New Edger".still pimpin!
Established Member
yea i really want to install some but we dont have a performance shop here thats worth a shit! i would have to make a 200 or so mile cruz to get to a decent shop...would u have done it urself?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I don't think you need a special performance shop. YOu just need a drive up lift. The suspension has to be loaded is that only unique thing to the install.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
yea i really want to install some but we dont have a performance shop here thats worth a shit! i would have to make a 200 or so mile cruz to get to a decent shop...would u have done it urself?

Any shop that can weld and has a drive on lift should be just fine.. most muffler shops should be able to do the install.

01 Venom

Established Member
Ya it is pretty funny that I have waited so long to do this, kind of backwards with the way most people do things :)

Thanks for the comment on the video, I hope it inspires some people to get in there and wrench their own car, and to not be afraid of the Eaton Swap.

As for the price, I spent $165 on part I got the powdercoated set, and 2 hours at the local shop for labor. MI Performance on Long Island did all the welding, top notch work. Everything was clean and painted.

Ya they sit flush, so there is no clearance issues at all.

If you guys are looking for a good source for parts for great prices. Give my guy Artie a call and tell him I sent ya.

http://artsperformanceparts.com/

Absolutley the best source I have ever dealt with for any of my parts needs.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
I really need to start buidling my irs and working on my chassis stiffening, i can feel the shakeyness of the car and how flexible it is. Thanks for letting me know its definatley worth it and your friend artie should be getting some business from me!

Red3

Established Member
ha ha prob not pat but shes stayin till she goes out ha ha. i dont feel any slip or anything as of yet and im not easy on it either. oh well, best excuse for the girl to upgrade. gotta break it first to justify the upgrade. lol

01 Venom

Established Member
ya I guess, hehe but when I broke mine, I had no signs or warning, it just let go. That was not a fun ride home with no clutch heh.

Users who are viewing this thread