Got some Questions, need help!!

God

Established Member
on the 25th of Oct. i spun a bearing and cracked a rod and ford is replacing my motor with a brand new one and my question is i have 4.30's and havent recalibrated the speedo, I assume i will still need to do so, but some girl at Ford told me today that i wont, is that true? sorry for the newbie question :shrug: :shrug:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Matt A said:
but some girl at Ford told me today that i wont, is that true?

I dont know the capabilities of the Ford Diagnostic computers, they might be able to flash the EEC for 4.30s when they do a reflash. She also could be full of shit or she could be right.

God

Established Member
I was leaning towards full-o-shit since it seemed like she just said it to make me go away or something so i figured i could get a definate yay or nay here lol

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The Snap On scan tool can do alot of things but I havent gotten a chance to use the Ford tool, I was told that it can do alot more. Im sure someone here will have the answer, but they wont tell you just to make you go away! haha

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
you can reflash that in but i bet they won't do that for you.

fyi, 90% chance you get a reman, not a new motor.

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I just bought a dallas mustangs speed-cal used for 60 bucks. Unless you are going to have some tuning done in the near future I would just do that. Keep the gear change of your ford oasis report.

God

Established Member
quadcammer said:
you can reflash that in but i bet they won't do that for you.

fyi, 90% chance you get a reman, not a new motor.

maybe not new, it doesnt really matter.... im going by what was told to me today which was ''your new motor arrived today'' whats ''reman'' anyway? i had only 39,000 on the clock so im happy to start from scratch :D

Last edited by a moderator:

cobraracer46

Banned
quadcammer said:
you can reflash that in but i bet they won't do that for you
I have used the Ford WDS and NGS diagnostic computer tools and even though the user can flash in a new program, the Ford computer will not allow the user to change paramaters like the gear ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread