Got some news on new cobra.

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
580hp seems pretty high. I don't see it laying down better numbers that the Ford GT (550hp).

the GT has laid down more than 560 at the tires...

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by 97greensnake
u wish !
i saw same motor a little more HP in new GT body with small apperence mods....

care to elaborate? you saw a GT(40) motor in a car?

cobra1

Established Member
Most likely it will be the supercharged 5.4L with 500+hp. Speaking of 600hp though and this is off topic, does anyone think that gm will make that rumored 625hp "blue devil" corvette? Personally, I don't think that they will considering the Z06 is going is be plenty fast enough. But if they do, we'll have some catching up to do!

firstbite

Kid Rock
Established Member
When I was at the Chicago auto show, I struck up a conversation with the ford rep who was pimping the new prodution Mustang on the tilt a whirl thing. He took me aside and showed me some marketing materials that may have showed up in a mustang mag, he was pretty confident that they would bring back the GT350 and GT500 badging

earl lee

Established Member
since when has a production v10 mustang been offered to the public. NEVER. Its not happening because the price will ballon to that of the viper (v10's are exotic engines). Oh and you can kiss that v8 rumble good by, its for some reason impossible to get that sound out of a v10. Just listen to a viper.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Originally posted by earl lee
since when has a production v10 mustang been offered to the public. NEVER. Its not happening because the price will ballon to that of the viper (v10's are exotic engines). Oh and you can kiss that v8 rumble good by, its for some reason impossible to get that sound out of a v10. Just listen to a viper.

Did you hear the V10 in the shelby conpect on rides? It sounds amazing, just as good if not better then the 4.6's right now. The reason why the viper sounds like ass in the firing order on the Viper motor.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
A ford rep told me that a GT-350 would have the Terminator motor with a little more power and the GT-500 was gonna get the blown 5.4 with 500 hp.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member

Fords version of the V-10 in the Shelby Cobra utilizes a totally different firing order than your typical V-10 (like in the Viper) which causes this particular V-10 to have a nice V-8ish rumble + a little extra. Very cool :coolman:

Paul

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
since when has a production v10 mustang been offered to the public. NEVER.

What's that got to do with anything? Since when has a production mustang been offered with a positive displacement supercharger? NEVER.....oh, well, not until 2003 I mean.:bored:

97RedSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bolt
A ford rep told me that a GT-350 would have the Terminator motor with a little more power and the GT-500 was gonna get the blown 5.4 with 500 hp.

This would make me very happy. I would be in line for the GT-350 as soon as they announced it. However, i think at least for a couple of years, the Cobra name will stay on a Mustang. Perhaps a Cobra Jet?

Oh, and i personally hate the SVT Mustang and SVT F-150 names. The SVT Focus and Contour sounded dumb, and this is even worse. When you hear the name Cobra or Lightning you know what vehicle is being talked about, and the names just sound bad ass to boot. Putting SVT in front of the regular vehicle's name makes it sound like just another Mustang or truck. Ford knows this. So, i have no worry about what names get used. :)

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I concur. The GT-350 and GT-500 would be the hardest, but best win-win situation in the world. :beer:

Whiskey City

Established Member
What's in a name? A Cobra by any other name, would it not smell as sweet?

Cobra Jet - Only if it has a 428.
GT350/500 - Only if they build the Shelby Cobra (2-seater)
Mustang SVT - Nah. Remember the Mustang SVO? I didn't think so.

Just give me a good lookin car that goes fast right out of the box...I'm naming mine Elanore anyway!:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread