got smoked

konakimo

Established Member
02 vette smoked me, wed. before the holidays trying to get all of my sh*t done, between work, hotels res. & etc... Im getting the oil changed (at lunch before heading out of town in the morning), pull into the local stop & rob, as Im pulling out I see this sweet silver vette but dont think much about it, as Im heading back to work I see him in the rearview comming up quick, Im thinking YEAAHHHHHHH, (I need some stress relief) he follows thru the turn, I slow and wait he pulls along side and its ON, 1st gear @ 20 he starts pulling, 2nd I slam it hard and he is pulling away, Im thinking WTF, and its over (traffic) and he turns off, Im still shaking my head (WTF) I looked down and the ****ING T/C is off :bash: I started to turn around but he was gone, F*CK, Im numb, I can only hope I see again, that was my first loss :(

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
2 things I do before I put my car in gear.....Touch my cross for a prayer, and turn that mother-fin TC OFF!!!!
But now I have a preadator so all is good...

Lprimo

PhotoChop Cookie Masta
Established Member
Originally posted by micool
Didn't you want your tc to be off?

when you start your 03 Cobra....TC is on.....you must manually press the button...With a Diablo Preadator, you simply program the TC to stay off...

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by Lprimo
when you start your 03 Cobra....TC is on.....you must manually press the button...With a Diablo Preadator, you simply program the TC to stay off...
I know, same as my car. I was asking the thread starter why he would want the tc on while racing.

Bandicoot

Established Member
I bet he meant that that traction control LIGHT was off... meaning, that traction control was ON... that's the only thing I can think of for why he was so upset it was "off".

LSs1Power

Established Member
Its ok to lose..... There is always someone faster than u out there, its just a matter of time until u meet one.

konakimo

Established Member
Just got back in town, Yeah light on t/c was off, Im usually very good about checking the button, start car, seatbelt & t/c always, just a brain fart and it not a zo6(must get predator):)

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Time to mod your car.
Did the vette look modded? Aftermarket exhaust, bulge in hood or anything?

LSs1Power

Established Member
Hey konakimo,

Have u ever ran ur car at the track? A bolt on C5 with a good driver should be a mid 12 at 111-113mph car. My Heavy Z28 with Headers, Catback and a LID ran 12.7 at almost 112 mph so a Vette with 200lbs less should be faster with simple bolt ons.

konakimo

Established Member
just magnaflow catback, no track time, but Ive taken out enough vettes, he had a aftermarket exhaust, I just had a BRAIN FART I think I could have taken him:cryying: , thats ok on the way home from dallas Iran into a wrx w/fart can and a few extras, I took it out on him several times :D

case2307

What? I can't hear you.
Established Member
Originally posted by konakimo
just magnaflow catback, no track time, but Ive taken out enough vettes, he had a aftermarket exhaust, I just had a BRAIN FART I think I could have taken him:cryying: , thats ok on the way home from dallas Iran into a wrx w/fart can and a few extras, I took it out on him several times :D

I have a buddy that runs with us on Saturdays. He has an 03 cobra with gears, chip, pulley, exhaust, and intake. His car is fast....just not as fast as mine. I don't know if he posts here or not...I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him at the track. Anyway...I can take him. You may have run into a modded vette with the stock TI exhaust. Some Z06 drivers leave the stock catback on to help with the sound and to be a little stealthy. He could have sprayed you also. I know you said he had after market exhaust but, are you sure? :rockon:

Last edited:

case2307

What? I can't hear you.
Established Member
Originally posted by konakimo
Well I did not see it so mush as hear it as he blew past me.

You should come out with us one weekend. We have a great time and it doesn't matter what car you drive. We meet up almost every Saturday to go for a little drive. We had the Cobra, a couple Vipers, the various Vettes, and a Subaru WRX STI yesterday. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread