Got rear ended!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
It was a hit n run I guess. Looks like some one backed into my rear bumper and hit it at a angel on the right side. Pushed it into my rear panel.
The bumper is screwed, dented badly, the plastic cracked all over. My rear panel has a small dent, that can be fixed.
I guess it's a good time to get a Roll Pan. Does the Summitt Roll Pan fit the Lightning? It's only $100 bucks or so. That's the cheapest I've found. Anyone have any other ideas?

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Oh man that sucks!!!! Thats the worse when they hit and run.
Sir michaels makes a really good roll pan.

HalfTime

Established Member
Oh man that sucks!!!! Thats the worse when they hit and run.
Sir michaels makes a really good roll pan.

Sir Michaels? Gotta link?

Edit: Got it, thanks guys. I'm looking into it

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
awesome a hit and run!
Dont get me started on shit heads who do this. Some ass hat hit my truck in front of Best Buy last year. They hit the damned thing hard enough to move my truck backwards. Destroyed the bumper cover,lower grill and the supports behind the bumper cover. One support sitll hasnt been fixed the way I want it and will be having Ford do it again

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Damn, sucks.

Good luck on the repairs. I can't help with anything roll pan related, sorry.

HalfTime

Established Member
Yea, I could go through the insurance, but I have a $100 deductable, and I'd get the stock replacment, or I could do it myself, and buy the Sumitt Racing Roll Pan for $100. But I'm still cuirious if anyone knows if it will fit the L or not.

Stupid people do suck that's for sure.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
hit and run..we got tagged by a Roadway semi and totaled our Excursion and 35Ft enclosed trailer..took out 85 ft of steel guardrail and was hanging down a gully with the trailer jackknifted holding us up by being against the guardrail..guy kept on truckin..cops wouldnt even go after him..said "oh he's long gone by now".. I know just how you feel Lucas

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
Yea, I could go through the insurance, but I have a $100 deductable, and I'd get the stock replacment, or I could do it myself, and buy the Sumitt Racing Roll Pan for $100. But I'm still cuirious if anyone knows if it will fit the L or not.

Stupid people do suck that's for sure.

I would go to a shop and ask them if you paid for the Shipping if they would order it. It would cost less to paint. Couldnt hurt to try.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
:fm:I hate people that hit and run. I hope they get what is coming to them, one way or another, sorry about your truck man.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Damn that sucks. If you want to get a roll pan, get with Chris Nelson. He may still be able take care of you.

HalfTime

Established Member
Hey wow thanks guys. Thanks for the tips. I'll check with a local shop on the roll pan, and I try to get ahold Chris Nelson, see what he can do.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Ever read an older thread and wonder how you missed it?

Sorry to hear about the asshat that hit your truck.:fm:

I'd be willing to bet that the factory bumper would cost more than the rollpan. Even if it does costs more than the factory replacement, like already mentioned just ask the shop if you can just cover the difference in costs. If it cheaper, tell them that they can keep the extra $$ from the insurance company. They will anyways.

We do it all the time at work. Hell, we did it with JohninMDs truck when he got his Cervinis hood from his fender bender.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread