Got pulled over, no ticket.... question.

Niko_Fx

K51 Z33
Established Member
Got pulled over for speeding but the cop didn't give me a ticket... Does that mean that some sort of "warning" was issued? If so, does it fall under the car or under the driver?

The question may seem stupid, but I've been hearing all kinds of things from my friends / family and it's the first time that a cop actually forgives me.

He did check my insurance / registration and took my license to his car for a sec. It happened in Florida, Palm Beach County.

Thanks.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Depends on the agency. Some will issue written warnings, others will not.

The fact you got a warning will remain in the CAD; so if you get pulled over again, the officer (if in the same/surrounding jurisdictions) would know of the warning in many cases.

Other than that, it's only a warning and doesn't count as points or affect insurance.

Niko_Fx

K51 Z33
Established Member
He didn't give me anything in writing. I'm just wondering if anything will pop up on their laptops next time I get pulled over. He never mentioned anything about a warning, he just let me go and told me to slow down.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Depends on the agency. Some will issue written warnings, others will not.

The fact you got a warning will remain in the CAD; so if you get pulled over again, the officer (if in the same/surrounding jurisdictions) would know of the warning in many cases.

Other than that, it's only a warning and doesn't count as points or affect insurance.

This

oldmodman

Established Member
Congratulations!

You just got an early Christmas Present.

Slow down and don't drink & drive. And "Click It or Ticket".

yellowbra

Established Member
He didn't give me anything in writing. I'm just wondering if anything will pop up on their laptops next time I get pulled over. He never mentioned anything about a warning, he just let me go and told me to slow down.

why does it sound like your perparing yourself for another pullover sometime soon? If you don't get pulled over sometime soon(which you shouldn't anyways) then it really shouldn't matter either way.

Niko_Fx

K51 Z33
Established Member
why does it sound like your perparing yourself for another pullover sometime soon? If you don't get pulled over sometime soon(which you shouldn't anyways) then it really shouldn't matter either way.

You're right, but I did say that I was just wondering. It happened while driving my wife's car and now she is pissed because everyone's been telling her that the warning stays on the car... hence my question.

Fourtrax250R

Established Member

depending on what program the officer has (to run plates/DL's/ncic, etc...) on his MDT yes, they can put a warning in the system. on ours, we have whats called info-cop, the officer can log a warning in the system, it will state the time and date of the mv stop, the violation, and officers notes if he/she chooses to put any. So yes, the next time another officer runs that plate, an "alert" will pop up, and then they can read the information.

Users who are viewing this thread