Got pulled over in front of my house....

YellowSnake98

I'm so bored....
Established Member
Alright so its about 3:45 in the morning. I decided to take my brother around the block in the Cobra because i had just got it back about 7 at night the day before. Harmless right? As we were turning off of my street, this cop is coming the other way and deicides to turn around and follow us.... back to my house. I stop at my house and he pulls behind me and flips on the lights. He walks up to the car and asks for my licensce. I hand it to him and he asks me to get out of the car. First question out of his mouth: "You ever been in trouble with the police?" I told him a little story and then he asks me if i had anything illegal in the car and i told him no and then I told him he is more than welcome to search the car. He told me he pulled me over because we were acting suspicious. And i kinda laughed and agreed with him that it is a little suspicious. He let me go and i rolled up my window, locked the car and went inside my house. I just thought i would share that with you guys. I laughed my arse off.

Tuyo

Whitexican Extraordinaire
Established Member
I've gotten pulled over b4 for looking suspicious. In Buena Park, CA. I happen to be Mex-American and was wearing a Dallas Cowboys sweater and cap. Not only did I get pulled out of my car but he searched me and my car for drugs(which I have never done).
Funny thing is 6 months later in almost the same spot I got pulled over. Although when I showed him my military ID and SF badge he ASKED if I had weapons and let me loose. I HATE THE BUENA PARK PD....

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
It's cause you have a yellow 98 cobra. Something about yellow and the police... I don't know but they act like magnets.

YellowSnake98

I'm so bored....
Established Member
Yeah they seem to watch me pretty well. Its kinda annoying. I mean i feel like i get singled out even if i'm not doing anything wrong and somebody else around me is. Its like car profiling.

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
He stopped you on suspicious activity. Something isnt right about a car driving around a neighborhood at 3am. He has a right to stop you.

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
actually he really doesn't have any right to stop you. Mearly driving around a neighborhood isn't a crime. However, I won't complain because it makes the neighborhood safer. :beer:

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by PimpJuiceFord
He stopped you on suspicious activity. Something isnt right about a car driving around a neighborhood at 3am. He has a right to stop you.

The hell he has a right to pull him over. What the **** law does driving around at 3 in the morning break? So what if it looks suspicious, big deal.

PimpJuiceFord

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
The hell he has a right to pull him over. What the **** law does driving around at 3 in the morning break? So what if it looks suspicious, big deal.

You can and WILL get pulled over for acting suspicious. Probable cause is all the cop needs..

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
You have to admit that a couple of young guys in a Cobra at 3am will draw the attention of the local cops, even if what you were doing was innocent. Anyway, no harm done and it's nice to know that this cop was doing his job and that's to question young guys in fast cars that are driving around at 3am...now go to bed.

Way2QWK

Established Member
Sinister Angel. " The hell he has a right to pull him over. What the **** law does driving around at 3 in the morning break? So what if it looks suspicious, big deal."

........amen.

Last edited:

Tuyo

Whitexican Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by PimpJuiceFord

Except I gurandamntee that I got pulled over because of my skin color and not because I was in a fast sports car.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Pulling people over because they seem out of place may make the neighborhood safer, but where does it stop?

If all I'm doing is driving through the neighborhood, how am I "acting" suspicious? Acting suspicious would be me driving through that same neighborhood @3am and creeping by each house, or stopping each time I come to a nice-looking car. That would be suspicious. But someone just driving through a neighborhood obeying the speed limit (or going slightly slower)? I just don't see it.

Sorry, but we have a 4th amendment for a reason. If driving through a neighborhood is suspicious, then you can stop anybody for any reason at all because 'they are suspicious' (in your mind). Doesn't seem to matter what the reasonable person may think. I shouldn't have to worry about explaining my actions to the police everytime I decide to take a midnight drive.

<Soviet accent on>
"Do you have your papers, comrade?"
<Soviet accent off>

Tuyo, you probably got hit because of the Dallas Cowboys gear!

Users who are viewing this thread