Got Pulled by 90-93 5.0 Twice

2000-S6

Established Member
hello
was on rocky ridge in roseville, ca, and ran black or grey 5.0 twice from a 20 roll. when we hit it both times, he instantly pulled about a car (4:10's??), then that was about it. i could not catch him, however. we shut down by the top of 2nd, low 3rd.
i know he had exhaust, and i definitely heard whining of either a turbo, or supercharger (no blow off sound, so maybe it was not a turbo). very quick car nonetheless, and he did peace me out afterward. :thumbsup:
u never know what those points are packing. given my extremely light mods, imo, i'm glad the ls1 held its ground.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Good death. You're right about the uncertainty of the older 5.0's. It's too easy and cheap to pick one up and mod them to take them for granted. They don't have the lousy weight disadvantage like the newer ones :fm:

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Yea those pesky 5.0s especially the Fox body variety! Ya never know what you are gonna get when you run into one. Nice death though

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
are you guys talking about me again..... LOL!!! J/K I love my '88 LX and love even more when I get to open her up on unexpecting LS1's. :) BTW, about the weight thingy, I sit at 2800 lbs. :-D

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
Watch out for those FIVE-O's...I have a '94 5.0 HO engine with tranny (wrecked my first car). My question is if I can just snapped of the engine and tranny from my old '94 mustang and snap it into a 84-89 body. I know the engine will fit but will the tranny need anything special so it can fit, or will it go right inn.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Older 5.0

I have killed several Camaros / Firebird an occasiomal corvette, and pesky riceers:) with my blown 89' gt. I have to take them at a roll or the out come could be differant:bash: I actually perfer to drive my 14 year old fox body over my new Mach1 most of the time:D I have yet to run an03 Cobra or Vette, I think that would be close.

Fred:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread