Got predator today..HELP!!!!!!!

99RedSVT

Established Member
Ok i got the predator today and installed there performance pulley tune.Jumped in the truck and started to take her for a test drive when i heard my baby pinging like crazy so i pulled over and used the pulley/performance 90mm tune it says its for 99-00 lightning's only.Well i thought a 99 had the 80MM MAF. Well i drove home and this tune isnt making the truck ping.I also went and mnodified the tuen as well by adjusting the timing a hair advance and also riched it up alittle bit. Oh and also firmed up the 1st to 2nd shift alittle. What have u exsperienced predator guys found out works the best. Check out my mods and tell me what tunes or modified paramaters i should use.THanks guys

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
You had better talk to your tuner, detonation is BAD :nono:
See what your tuner says, but get that thing on a dyno, dont just trust your ears, it can be lean and not ping, I melted 4 denso's on the dyno with a 15:1 A/F and the truck did NOT ping. Be carefull, engines are expensive, and every truck is a little different.

99RedSVT

Established Member
Ya it usta detonate at 80+ real bad when it was cold thats why i got the predator. Im having it dynoed on the 21st but might take it monday to get tuned..

Last edited:

myth

Established Member
I believe that most of the tuners dont recomened useing athose tunes. Who did you buy it from?

Users who are viewing this thread