Got orders to Kansas

OU812

Established Member
Well after being jerked around by my functional after my assignment to Minot was canceled I finally got a new assignment. I'm going to McConnell and I have to be out of Japan by the end of the month...lol Any of you guys stationed near there? Can I drive my cobra year round up there? I'm debating selling it and buying another jeep or something but I'm not sure yet.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
If you want to keep your cobra in good weather only, then the short answer is no. My family is in Kansas and personally I hate it. I've been to McConnell once and from the limited stuff I saw I was not impressed. On the bright side, it’s not Minot...

OU812

Established Member
If you want to keep your cobra in good weather only, then the short answer is no. My family is in Kansas and personally I hate it. I've been to McConnell once and from the limited stuff I saw I was not impressed. On the bright side, it’s not Minot...

Lol.....It's not Minot and it's not Japan, that's all I really care about. By the time I get there I'll only have a year left anyway, I'm going to try to crosstrain one more time and if it doesn't go through then I'm pulling chocks. I can't take the stupidity that is known as maintenance anymore!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I didnt have anytime at McConnell when I was in but I do live a few hours from Wichita and I have to say the weather here is frickin sweet right now for November. 30s at night, high 60s low 70s during the day.
There will be about 10 days out of the year that there will be snow on the ground to where you couldnt drive your cobra. I saw keep it and find a beater car for the bad weather days.

I guess it depends on where youre from originally but its not to bad around here. Hot as **** in the summer but this winter is really mild so far.

clbailey

Established Member
Lol.....It's not Minot and it's not Japan, that's all I really care about. By the time I get there I'll only have a year left anyway, I'm going to try to crosstrain one more time and if it doesn't go through then I'm pulling chocks. I can't take the stupidity that is known as BIG BLUE anymore!

Fixed it for you!

The air force is about to get worse. In the 6 years I've been in, its progressively gotten softer (especially senior management-ship[cant call anyone above me a leader]), more stupid, more redundant, and worthless. Im done with it, on terminal.

Last edited:

OU812

Established Member
Fixed it for you!

The air force is about to get worse. In the 6 years I've been in, its progressively gotten softer (especially senior management-ship[cant call anyone above me a leader]), more stupid, more redundant, and worthless. Im done with it, on terminal.

I just got approved to retrain so I'm giving it one more shot, I've got 11 months left otherwise. I know what you mean man, in the 12 years I've been in, it has gone downhill fast. I finished my degree and just got my A&P license so I've got everything I wanted out of it anyway.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
I'm originally from Wichita and I definitely say keep the Cobra, just understand there are some fairly quick Mustangs rolling around the streets there. Check out WichitaRacing.com, it is a local forum for most of the car guys there. Just go in with some thick skin because those guys can get a little brutal on new guys.

OU812

Established Member
What you get retrained into? What job you in now?

I'm hydro and I'm limited on what I can retrain into because of my AFSC, I can only go into flying jobs. I got approved for sensor operator and airborne sensor operator. The job I really wanted, special missions aircrafts, isn't showing any openings yet. I got in touch with the CEA recruiter because he told me a few months ago that there would be openings starting in November, I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

I'm originally from Wichita and I definitely say keep the Cobra, just understand there are some fairly quick Mustangs rolling around the streets there. Check out WichitaRacing.com, it is a local forum for most of the car guys there. Just go in with some thick skin because those guys can get a little brutal on new guys.

They're definitely some fast cars here but most of the people I've met want to street race, something that I'm not into for personal reasons. That and I'm already tired of everybody revving their damn motors when I'm driving down the road, makes me feel like I'm surrounded by ricers or something.

usafimj

Established Member
I'm fuels not POL fuels. I can only retrain into CCS list AFSC's as well. Is that AFSC 1U & 1A4? Those are the 2 jobs I'm gonna try and get into as well. The 1A9 AFSC (Special Mission Aviation) jobs should be dropping in January.

M240Bravo

Established Member
I would go to Iraq and be a butt slave to some iraqi boy before I would wish to have to go back to kansas. People are so rude in that whole state and nothing to do but drink, eat, and have fat kansas women try to make sex to you.

Glad I'm out of that place.

reved up

Faster than you
Established Member
I would go to Iraq and be a butt slave to some iraqi boy before I would wish to have to go back to kansas. People are so rude in that whole state and nothing to do but drink, eat, and have fat kansas women try to make sex to you.

Lol you sound like a cry baby fgt. Not surprised you didnt enjoy it.

OU812

Established Member
I would go to Iraq and be a butt slave to some Iraqi boy before I would wish to have to go back to kansas. People are so rude in that whole state and nothing to do but drink, eat, and have fat kansas women try to make sex to you.

Dude! You hit the nail on the head with the fat Kansas women thing, that's all that's here . The few attractive women that I've met have like 3 kids already. I met a chick that was pretty damn sexy, she was 27 with a 13 year old daughter! Shits crazy, I thought the South was bad!

This place just helped me make up my mind on getting out!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Thats ****ing hilarious that an army dude would say that!!! I guess the dumb **** only cruised the bars in Junction cause if he had ever gotten over to Manhattan he wouldve seen so much fine young pussy hed have never wanted to leave!!!!

M240Bravo

Established Member
Thats ****ing hilarious that an army dude would say that!!! I guess the dumb **** only cruised the bars in Junction cause if he had ever gotten over to Manhattan he wouldve seen so much fine young pussy hed have never wanted to leave!!!!

um no. Went all over that poopy state, car cruise, car shows, fairs lol, and random things. Just to get away from wifes wanting to pound while their husbands are gone.

The whole state blows monkey ass, and more then just me are saying that in here.

Users who are viewing this thread