Got Orders To Bragg

Stang Lover

Established Member
Just received orders to go to Ft. Bragg when I finish tech school. What's good to know about the base other than it being immense? What good attractions are out there? Any fellow cobra owners lurking around?

Last edited:

Oceanside78

Established Member
I'm here. Theres a drag strip, pretty decent car scene in the right crowd, ghetto town though. Raleigh isn't far though and neither is Charlotte. A lot of concert come here too. Check out horsepowerjunkies.com, it's a local NC forum

AlanSVT

Established Member
Welcome to Bragg. Been here almost 10 years now. First and only duty station. Pretty decent car scene the area. Like posted above check out http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com

We have a little get together 1 Saturday a month. Usually the 2nd sat of the month at a coffee shop.

Anyways, welcome to bragg. BTW what is your job? What unit are you going to?

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
Bragg is a good place, good car seen if you find the right crowd but a lot of retards to.

ncpower08

Established Member
I loved Ft.Bragg. Good luck there man. There are a few drag strips out that way. The one that Oceanside 78 was talking about and a 1/8 mile in a small town called Benson. I like the one in Benson more just because they take better care of it. The one in Fayettville is kind of a shit hole. whats ur mos and how long you been in.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Sucks to be you. I live right near by. Best bet is to live away from bragg if you can. Raleigh, Charlotte, Wilmington (beach) are great places to go to get away. Alot of good tracks within decent driving distance (VIR, CMP, NCCAR, Lowes). Fayettville sucks for the most part. Special ops museum IMO is the only place worth seeing. Fayettville drag strip is kinda crappy. Rockingham is about an hour or so drive from the base and is awesome. Ran my best time there. Good car scene but lots of Ricers/idiots too. +1 on Horsepower junkies being a good group.

Oceanside78

Established Member
Everyone always says they'd rather be somewhere else. Personally, I have a lot of friends that have left and all say they miss Bragg. There's something about this place that you hate but miss when you leave.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Welcome to Bragg. Been here almost 10 years now. First and only duty station. Pretty decent car scene the area. Like posted above check out

We have a little get together 1 Saturday a month. Usually the 2nd sat of the month at a coffee shop.

Anyways, welcome to bragg. BTW what is your job? What unit are you going to?

Thanks for the info seems like I hit the right spot for the car scene and hopefully I arrive in a Cobra. I finally decided to join the military and so far i'm glad I made that choice.

I'm a 92A btw my orders say 82Avtion REPEL so I don't know what unit i'm actually going to be in yet. May be popping rounds with the infantry or in the warehouse.

I heard Bragg is big on PT if so that's a plus.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Well going to the 82 aviation repel....Sounds like aviation unit. Only thing for sure is your going to the 82nd. Good luck. Since your Supply you shouldn't have any problems making friends.

Hit me up when you get here. As long as you are willing to play the game you shouldn't have a problem with the military. I have been on ft bragg now for 10 years. I can't seem to leave and now I don't think I want to.

Worst part of your AIT is going to be FT. LEE have fun... Stay safe and enjoy all the females you can.

Alan

Stang Lover

Established Member
Well going to the 82 aviation repel....Sounds like aviation unit. Only thing for sure is your going to the 82nd. Good luck. Since your Supply you shouldn't have any problems making friends.

Hit me up when you get here. As long as you are willing to play the game you shouldn't have a problem with the military. I have been on ft bragg now for 10 years. I can't seem to leave and now I don't think I want to.

Worst part of your AIT is going to be FT. LEE have fun... Stay safe and enjoy all the females you can.

Alan

Well that's good to hear that i'll definantly be in an Aviation unit b/c i've heard this and that about how I could be in something other than Aviation so I took that with a grain of salt.

AIT here in Ft. Lee is pretty chill I just hate their mall so I travel a little bit outward. I'm just glad it's not at Ft. Lost In The Woods because there is nothing out there. Oh and i'm enjoying myself up here lol. :D

Users who are viewing this thread