Got normal f150 tails finally!

mlambert

camaro is hard to spell
Established Member
$60 with 2k miles on them, they looked brand new in the box.

So much better than stock ricer crap!

Last edited:

Viper TT

Boost Junky
Established Member
mlambert said:
$60 with 2k miles on them, they looked brand new in the box.

So much better than stock ricer crap!

One of the first things I changed as well! :beer:

Except I paid $60 for mine brand new! :p I sold my stock tails for $130. :)

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
I've thought about doing that to mine.I just dont want to make it look like a regular F-150 Flareside. :shrug:

mlambert

camaro is hard to spell
Established Member
Zeshan said:
congrats you have successfully, desecrated a lightning.

I'd rather drive a honda with normal taillights than a lightning with altezza's. I seriously abhor that look.

dr_wheel

Poobaru Driver
nice move, mike. can't understand why ford put those ugly ass tails on the lightning in the first place. nothing says rice like factory altezzas. :rolling: :rolling:

altezza3.jpg

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
To each his own, but the 01-04 tail lights were only cool for the first year. After that they got old fast.

The new Led ones are sweet though.. going to probably pick a set of those up soon..

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
the tail lights are one of the most distinctive parts of the 01 and up lightnings, oh well, i just hate the regular f150 tails, theyre too boring, the black LED ones are sweet

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
rice to me is untasteful and over excesive things... just because something is flashy doesnt mean its rice. sure something like stickers are flashy but some are tasteful/actually look good.

the stock tail lights are neither untasteful or over excesive, but they are flashy and look good.

mlambert

camaro is hard to spell
Established Member
ford2001svt said:
rice to me is untasteful and over excesive things... just because something is flashy doesnt mean its rice. sure something like stickers are flashy but some are tasteful/actually look good.

the stock tail lights are neither untasteful or over excesive, but they are flashy and look good.

Thats why I get comments like, "nice truck! wtf is with those tail lights though?"

Gone are those days!

soninhizzyoneso

Established Member
ford2001svt said:

whatever ricer

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I like the stock (red) tail lights only on white trucks.......Everything else i like the clear. I put the 01 up style tails on my 99 and don't regret doing so.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I'm gonna try these: Thanks KBZilla
28850-863-16050.jpg

I also have a set of stock '00s I might try, if not they'll be for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread